stretch marks

tracey 2

Reaction score
hi all, hope your all well,

How early can you get stretch marks, iv got some red/slivery lines round the bottom of my stomach, my mate says they are but surely you dont get them this early do you :think:

Iv heard there is some cream or something i can use, if they are but do they work, its not bad at mo, but feel really self conscious.

I know i shouldnt really moan and its one of those things of pregnancy just wanted to see if anyone could give me any further help or info on them :hug: :hug:

Have posted this in first tri too xx

I had stretch mark very early in pregnancy the same as you started off with silver ones and now i have red ones :cry: half way up my belly .

Ive tried many creams and they have been rubbish someone told me a couple of weeks ago to put baby oil on them but i think its too late for me now as im so far in pregnancy and they have aready started going red .

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hiya luv, i had 1 when i got to your stage a big fat stretch mark through my belly button piercing, i went to bed it was there the next day :oops: i only had that till about 30 weeks and then they where all over. No creams help, your either lucky or your not :hug:

Hey hun,
I don't think its uncommon to get them early, as above, you either get them or you don't - however it is prob wise to keep your skin moisturised that will make it less traumatic for the skin when it stretches as the months go by, I used Palmers Cocoa Butter as it was very nourishing and smelt fab!
Also, Body Shop do some great Body Butters, I had a mango one which was yummy smelling!
:hug:

If you keep your skin well moisturised it will give a bit. But were not all lucky like katie price to have a stretch mark free body and stomach.
I think its down to good genes as well. My mother had fecking loads of stretch marks so i blame er

I've been using the palmers cocoa butter for ages - the concentrated one.. I still have marks but they aren't that bad and I don't have that many, but it's entirely dependant on you, and your skin and general size I guess. Pot luck :) though I'm all up for trying any creams that may make me luckier :)

When my baby is birn im guna use the bio oil to trey and fade the marks a bit as ive heard its great for reducing scars and strecthmarks

Hi Tracey! I have been using Bio Oil, which is considered the best one for strech marks. I still got few, but not too much. But, you have to understand, that strech marks are almoust the same things as scars. And, if you are ment to get them, you will, no matter what you do. Using creams/oils etc. will moisturise your skin, and, at least afterwards you won' t be able to blame yourself that you haven' t done anything to prevent them. Try to do whatever is possible :D

from when i first found out i was pregnant i have been using bio oil and palmers stretch marks coco butter. i put about 5 drops of the bio oil in my bath aswell. so far i havnt got any stretch marks and i am 27 weeks pregnant. i would recommend them. stretch marks run in my family so i was expecting to get them really bad. so far the oil and cream has done the trick. i hope i havnt just jinxed myself tho! :think:

I agree with the other i think if your going to get them you've no chance, i didn;t get any till about 8 months and they were jsut below my belly button and then after i had her they were all the way round it :x

Heather

i think palmers cream must work, as i used it on my belly- which was HUGE when i was pregnant- and managed not to get a single one; but i forgot about my boobs, and although they huge too, they didnt grow anywhere near as much as my belly did- but i ended up with some on them. they just appeared sudenly one day! im sure it must be coz i didnt put cream there.

put cream everywhere!

Its all down to gentics and skin type. I already had hundreds of stretch marks on my boobs and thighs from puberty, then I got pregnant.. and my stomach looked liked a London A to Z road map. I used every lotion and potion going. Nothing worked. They have now faded but are still really visible... I just hope that my skin has stretched enough and I wont get any this time.. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

ive got stretch marks already

since my bumps been growing, three purple ones have appeared on my left side.. looks like a cat has scratched me all down my belly :lol:

i got them really really bad with charlotte... all i can describe the bottom ones as.. the underneath layers of my skin has ripped... right above my pubic bone i have a stretchmark thats about a 50p width and goes really really deep.. its a circle hole.. but the stretchmark goes up further and isnt so deep.. its horrible..i hardly creamed when i was pg with charl.. but i do it a lot now..

i use bio oil and any otehr cream thats on the shelf after a shower.. i also exfoliate my tummy and every where else... im never gonna show off my tummy again..as its really badly marked..but im more worried about my boobs and that.. coz u can see then in some tops (the marks not my boobs lol) and i also got some on my thighs too. u cant hide them in a bather can u :( lol..

i suggest using anything u can get ur hands on and lots of it.. exfoliating promotes new skin growth too..

I read that although cream helps to moisturise your belly, you wont prevent stretch marks because they happen deep down in the skin. I'm currently using The Sanctuary mum to be cream from Boots. Hasn't worked but is nice having OH rub it in! I think I've just got that sort of stretch marky skin!

Almond oil.. It is the nearest oil compatable to the oil in your skin. I have very faint lines and i was huge. It works and its cheap :D

I'm pleased to say so far (touch wood) i havent got any! I know there's time yet so i'm not going to hold my breath. I've used moistuisers on and off but not religiously. I do have an exfoliating glove that i use nearly every day in the shower, maybe that has something to do with it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back