stretch marks

missac

Reaction score
I know this is an early question, but who are the people more inclined to get stretch marks? Bigger people or tiny little people?

I am a size 10/12 at the moment but was once a 14 which means I have grown and shrunk and I didn't get stretch marks on my tummy. I did however get stretch marks on my thighs at age 12 :oops: (nightmare!)

Anyway, just curious!

Im a beauty therapist and tbh hun, there isnt a 'size' range as to who gets stretch marks and who doesnt.

Unfortunately if yours is the type of skin that is prone to stretch marks then you may well get them, if not you may be lucky. Some women I have treated have had stretch marks in one pregnancy and then none in others! It all depends on how much elastin there is in your skin.

You cannot prevent stretch marks from appearing if your going to get them but you CAN reduce the appearance.

Use a cream that is high in Vitamin E like cocoa butter to raise the levels of elastin ensuring you massage it in well.

I used loads of Tesco cocoa butter body lotion when I was pg with Ella and if my tummy felt tight in the day I'd rub in some baby lotion, luckily I didn't get any on my tum at all. I thought I would as I got them on my boobs, hips and thighs when I was growing up so assumed I'd be destined to have them. Hopefully the moisturising was what helped me :)

Yeah i used Palmers cocoa butter.. i got them on my bum boobs amd 2 on my thighs.. and on huge one on inner leg(??)
But none on my belly.. ive got one tiny one on my belly at the moment :shock: so i hope they dont come up on this pregnancy!
Bio oil was great too.
Just keep skin moisturised as said before :hug:

thanks for that guys, please keep your fingers crossed for me, I am going to get my husband to rub moisturiser into my tummy nightly! :)

My DH used to do that, it was his bonding time :lol: Especially when she starting kicking :)

Awww so adorable! Wish i had that with OH.. he hated my bump with jaycee :(
Hopefully he'll be different this time! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back