Stressed out at 7 weeks. Not good :(

Strobelight

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have a little problem that is doing my head in.

I am now coming upto 7 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy (I miscarried my last (1st) one at around 5 weeks in August 2010). But anyways thats not really why I'm posting here today.

My problem is, I can't stop feeling so stressed lately. Recently my fiance invited (what was supposed to be) just his friend and his friend's girlfriend upto stay at our house for the weekend, which I was fine with. But as it turns out, they brought their dog (who is known to empty it's bladder and bowels all over the house) and their 3 kids (who are all loaded with a bad viral infection) to stay at our 2 bedroom flat/appartment. They didn't even ask. My fiance goes to work early in the morning till late in the evening and I'm just left with it all.

Now I can't stop stressing if the dog has done it's business somewhere in a corner and if being around a bad virus is going to harm my foetus at this early stage. I know stress is very bad in pregnancy, but I can't help it. I'm just so angry at being left with all this when I'm already feeling terrible due to morning sickness and my hormones being everywhere. I've ended up just leaving my own house and going to my grandparents because I'm terrified the stress combined with the illness will cause me to miscarry again.

I know, I know. I must sound like complete psycho at the moment, but I just wish someone would have told me in advance so I could prepare for all this, but they didn't. I have been trying really hard to be calm since finding out I was expecting and most of the time I have been, but since they sprung this on us with no notice, I've been a total wreck. I'm also really over-protective this time round becuase of what happend last time so that isn't helping either.

Does anyone know if it will be safe to go back to my house while theres a really bad flu going around or will I just stay at my grans for a few days until they go and let my fiance deal with it. Advice would be greatly appreciated right now. Thanks. x

No advice but I have a naughty dog and a cat that pees everywhere. I dealt with all the "issues" myself.

As for the virus I'd steer clear myself.
Hope it sorts itself out xx

During this pregnancy I've cleared up both cat and dog mess, been around flu and pneumonia and have had a massive amount of stress, worry and heartache and my baby is doing great so far - they're tough little things! On the other hand, if you can get away with stopping at your grandparents where it's nice and calm and you get a bit looked after rather than being stressed, I'd stay there until you feel better for sure! Look after yourself and do whatever gives you the easiest life.

It's maybe not all of the poop and viruses that are bad for you, but the stress you feel under because of it all. If it would make you feel happier then I would stay at your grandparents, for your peace of mind if nothing else x

Talk to your OH. Let him know how your feeling.

I personally really dont think its safe to be around anyone with a virus. And the whose situation stressing you out, isnt healty either.

Perhaps talk it through and explain how your feeling. Maybe these people can arrange alternative accomadation.

Its you and your baby that comes first, regardless of what others may think or say.

Good luck hun.xxxx.

Thanks for all your advice and thoughts. I rly appreciate it. Well heres the update:

The unexpected visitors ended up going home because the youngest of their children really wasn't well. After staying just 1 night. So thats my house finally empty again. I do feel quite bad about stressing out because I wouldn't of minded them if they weren't so ill at that moment in time and if they told us in advance they were coming (apart from their dog situation).

But anyways, to say that I'm glad to get my own space again with my partner would be a huge understatement, because now I can relax in a virus-free environment. Just going to give all the surfaces a quick wipe-over with disinfectent just incase theres anything still lingering. lol. OCD, I know. lol. But at least I've calmed down alot now. :)

Thanks again though everyone. :) x

I would look after number 1! I can imagine how fed up you would be - thats really unfair of them to lump that on you. Hope you're feeling better today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back