Stress in Pregnancy Work & Outside Work

sarahk

Reaction score
I'm really worried about the amount of stress i'm under at the moment and I cant help thinking its just not good for the baby. My job is very stressful, I work in Esate Agency and have the job of dealing with the legal side of things, clients take all their stress out on me, which I used to handle but now I find it tough. I work under pressure, deadlines and have no help, i'm the only one in my office who knows how to do my job!

Other than work, i'm moving house myself and am going through a legal battle on trying to get out of a finance agreement for a car thats totally unpractical for a baby. Plus, my partner is having a tough time with his business and everything is manic for him.

I get so worked up sometimes I feel sick, its been ongoing for a couple of months and i'm worried about what its doing to my baby (which is obviously the most important thing in the world to me right now!).

Any suggestions in coping with stress would be appreciated!!

I'm off for a cry now....!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: I know what you mean about not being able to deal with stress anymore. I used to be a supervisor in a supermarket where I'd get customers shouting at me all day. Used to be able to handle it but since being pg ended up either bursting into tears or shouting at customers on several occassions!
I've since stepped down to be a checkout assistant and although it's boring I like the stress free aspect.

Is there anyway you can tell your boss how you feel and see if your duties can be changed slightly to lessen the stress on you?

On the home front could your partner deal with the finance agreement for you? You say he stressed too, but then he's not pregnant :hug: :hug:

I find myself getting severely distressed about stupid things - crying because I can't work out whether to get the bus or a taxi home or having an hysterical panic attack because it was Monday morning and I was soo tired that I couldn't see how I could last the week are a few examples. I take rescue remedy (it's a herbal thing, you can get it in Holland and Barratt) and I think it helps. I know that once upon a time stress was important to me, otherwise I would get bored (not masses of bad stress, just enough going on that I was always busy!) but now I can't cope with anything!

It's rubbish that you are under so much pressure :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
As for baby, make an appointment to talk to your GP and ask him about it. I have read somewhere that stress is good for your baby as if you were completely zen all through pregnancy, the stress of labour would be a far bigger stress to LO. But I think you should get your doctor's opinion on this.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I work for an estate agents too but i dont have deadlines and targets so i cant relate to you on that but i do know what its like to have people vent their frustrations out on you and its horrible especially when you are doing everything in your power to help then. I have got to the point now where as im only going to be their for another 7 weeks so i am handing all my new sales over to my colleagues as i wont be there to see them through (i see your in London so things may be done quicker there) can you ask for some help and maybe have a chat with your manager about reducing your workload as you dont want to stress yourself out so much where you get signed off sick.

Moving house is always stressfull so i dont really know what advice to offer there apart from get your oh to do as much as he can.

Go and have a nice soak in the bath and relax when are you planning on going on ML.

I'm with kalia on this one. Normally I thrive on my stressful job but at the moment I just want to curl up under the duvet and cry at the thought of going in. It's only the fact that I have just 21 days to work left that's keeping me going. I can't concentrate on anything! (except PF :rotfl: )

Like kalia, I find myself bursting into tears at any minor frustration too which means I come across like some demented loony. I seem to cry SO MUCH at the moment.

We'll all be OK in... ooh... 20 weeks or so :rotfl:

hi honey
ive gone down with a kidney inf my first week back after xmas was that stressful, with 3 resignations and 3 people on maternity in my office it has been mental and i used to cope and now i cant, warm baths and lots of walks in nearby countryside as well as massages from my hubby have helped but at end of day babies are born in warzones, nature is tough and so are our babies to I think they will be fine. If you can take some time off or reduce yr hours maybe this would help xxx

Thanks for the replies.

Work has been unbearable today, had some very difficult clients and one had me in tears, which is really not like me!!!

I have a meeting with my Boss on Friday so i'm going to ask for some help and explain that i'm an emotional distaster waiting to happen at the moment!!

I'm trying to keep up the excersize which seems to help and i'll be moved within a couple of weeks so hopefully things will settle then.

ROLL ON MATERNITY LEAVE!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Hi I am just wanting some advice I am nearly 9 weeks pregnant with twins and have suffered 3 miscarriages in the past so I am quite worried if everything is going to be okay however I currently work as a hca within the nhs and had some time off a couple of months ago due to a miscarriage and depression and had to have an appointment with hr as I had a few other sickness periods they disregarded the miscarriage and depression but since the day I started I have felt victimised by my manager he is constantly causing me stress just because he doesn't like me so I am thinking about putting in a grievance against him but I feel so stressed with it all and it feels like there's something new to stress me about every time I'm in work and I recently had one day off for sickness and couldn't keep any food down but my manager told me I would be sent back to hr if I had anymore time off and the second stage of a capability hearing would start I just feel like I can't cope with all the stress anymore and worried about my babys health I'm scared that if I take time off for stress it could cost me my job and worried if I could actually take time off for stress sorry for long post just don't know what to do.
Thanks jessica

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back