Stress in Work??

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
I have just had a day from hell !! In our office, alot of people have/are leaving, and alot of new people starting, but it seems that I have somehow been 'given' the job of training two new people (one who sits behind me, and one beside me), at the same time, whilst juggling my own work, and taking very frequent calls from the public!! At this time of year we are extremely busy ( I dont work in a call centre, but at this time of the year I may as well be!!).

I dont know if it is partly hormone related, but I started getting quite stressed out (having to answer constant questions from the two trainee's, whilst taking calls from the public!). I said to my manager on THREE separate occasions today, and his reply was to kind of laugh it off and state that it is 'only temporary' until he gets something sorted! I suggested he move one of the other experienced members of staff to train the girl behind me, but he didn't seem to like the idea of asking either member of staff to do this, but seemed content to allow me to battle on! I even told him I was taking hot flushes (and my face was bright red and burning hot all day!), which he seemed to find quite amusing and commented that I could take a walk outside if I wanted!

I am seeing the doctor on Friday, and am tempted to get signed off work, the only thing stopping me is being alone and bored at home all day! Not really sure what to do, and feel so annoyed at my manager's attitude! x

I think if it were me i would have another talk with the manager but tell him exactly how you want everything done. It's not fare that you should deal with that amount of work on your own especially when pregnant (i assume he knows you are pregnant?). If he still acts like it's nothing then see your doc about some time off to calm down and relax a little.

Stress is in no way good for baby, this is the reason i am not working now aswell.

Yeah he knows Im pregnant....which makes it even more annoying, because he seems quite unconcerned !!! Doesnt help when the man beside me is quite annoying and inconsiderate with his questions, asking me in the middle of my lunch hour! I am usually so laid back about things like this, but now that I am pregnant, I have to take care of baby, work takes bottom priority!! x

Work seems to stress you quite a lot hun doesn't it, if its not the bitchy vegetarian obsessed girl its this! Maybe he thinks you're the best worker and the only one capable of training new staff but he must realise that the added stress isn't good for a pregnant lady. If it was me I'd tell him I'm going to have to go to my GP for stress issues and see what he does then! Xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

lol yes kra, it has been rather stressful lately!! With the hormones on a rampage it feels 100 times worse than usual !! I feel like he thinks I'm just a moan a minute, judging by his laid back attitude toward the situation! lol

If you feel like it is getting too much him get singed off if work doesn't ease up. I am getting to the point at work where I am about to crack too. I think of you have always been a 'can do' type of person managers really struggle when you slow down and take on less than before. X

Thanks ladies...yeah I'm a bit of a people pleaser, but have to draw the line now!! We need to look after ourselves & baby now, work comes bottom priority!
I rang in sick today, I woke up feeling like I hadnt slept, really feel sick :( My Manager asked me what did I think had caused me to feel sick today (bit of a weird question, but in other words, he already knew!!), and I just told him outright that the situation at work is causing alot of stress. He then said that he thought he had given me too much to do yesterday (no shit sherlock!!!), and take it easy today. The annoying thing is that I spoke to him three times yesterday about the situation, and he basically laughed it off!!! I have the doctor tomorrow morning first thing, so I'll see what happens then! xx

if it s 2 much for u get signed off work n relax x

yeah, I might do that Olender, I did try 3 times yesterday but it was like banging my head against a brick wall. He didnt have a clue what to do, even though I made some quite obvious suggestions to him! I dont think he likes to 'upset' a couple of the other members of staff, by asking them to help out! He had already asked one of them a few weeks back to train a new member of staff, and she refused saying that she just likes coming into work and doing what she has to then leaving!! He accepted this!

Milk it as much as u can when you're next in to make him see how exhausted and stressed it made u feel! Although u shouldn't even have to do that. He so obviously knew why you were off sick and I hope he feels guilty and you get treated more fairly now. Feel better soon xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks Kra, I think he is feeling bad, he said he suspected I would ring in sick! Why he didnt do anything about it yesterday though, just baffles me!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back