Strange Questions

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I have some strange questions and would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind answering them.

One of my hubbies relatives (so I guess they are my relatives too) had a premature baby born 3-4 weeks ago. As far as I can gather he was maybe 32 weeks (all we were told is 2 months premature) and he was born weighing 3lb 2oz. His birth weight dropped below 3lb and he didn't regain his birth weight until he reached 3 weeks old.

My MIL reckoned that it was saver that their LO was born earlier than if he was born a few weeks later because he hadn't ungone the "quickening". Everything I have heard says that the closer to term the better. Is MIL talking garbage (again!)?

My other question is given their LO's weight who does the nappy changes - do Mum and Dad get to do them or do nurses do them? Would the grand mother (on the fathers side) be allowed to change the nappy?

Thanks

Quickening as far as i am aware is the movement the mother feels in her tummy.

I'm not sure about the nappy changes but my guess is as long as it is safe to do so the parents can do the nappy changes as for whether it is the grandmother on either side i dont think it really matter

Someone else might know differant though.

when madi was in special care we done most nappy changes :)

my mum done one to

i think as long as parents give concent it dont matter

HIya

When Conal was in it was grandparents and parents but i had mu sister and her huesband cos DH parents are across and they could pick him up change him and feed him

Heather

Ah OK. Thanks for that. We are getting lots of greif of MIL because at some point I apparently refused to let her do a nappy change (I don't actually remember refusing but there you go) and her SIL has done one already with their grandson. Personally I don't get what her obsession is with doing nappy changes myself.

strange ild tell some one to do one if they were despo to change a dirty nappy :?

but yes in alot of cases it is better for babies to come early as they are better out then in

wow wierd, they can change ella lol

We did all of ellas cares when she was in special care

I would just let her change her to get it out of her system but I only found out that was one of the things bought up in the arguement between hubby and his mum when the were over weekend before last which resulted in her deciding to go home early rather than stay over night as planned. Nothing I could say would change her mind. TBH I think my MIL is being a stupid ***%$^&*, but thats just my opinion. If she does that when Ellie is old enough to know and ask "Why did Granny and Grandad go early - don't they love me anymore?" I think I would be tempted to stop them seeing her completely. I know how I felt when my Grandparents emmigrated when I was a child.

when emma was in the incubator only me an Dh were allowed to touch her and change her nappies it was mainly me in the day and the nurses at night. emma was born at 30 weeks and was 2lb 15oz and if we had waited any longer she would have died we werent even allowed to wait for the steroids to work!!! now she is a bundle of joy and a happy healthy little girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back