Stopping work.

Urchin

Reaction score
Everyone keeps asking me when I'm planning on giving up!

I'm 30 weeks now, and intend to work as long as possible really. I'm due the end of Nov so want to at least working till the end of October, maybe longer if I just cut down to a couple of days a week.

I just don't see the point is sitting at home using my maternity pay waiting for the baby when I want to save it all for when the baby comes!

My other issue has been my Christmas pay-packet. I want to be paid plenty of money in time for christmas, so can't cut down my hours too much too soon! I have overcome this a bit by getting paid my holiday in bits and bobs to bump up my pay for now.

Who here has given up and when? Did you stop because you were just too tired, or did you stick it out to the very end?
Those who haven't given up yet, how are you getting on and when do you plan to stop?

I have been saving up my annual leave so that I can work three-day weeks in december. It suits my boss and it definitely suits me. I don't want to have to work five day weeks when heavily pregnant and its cold outside.

As the baby is born in january, I have no choice but to leave work when everyone else does on the 23rd December. So I will be home for five weeks before the baby is born.

I was planning to work up until 2 weeks before the due date but as it is I've been off since about 32 weeks (signed of sick by the dr due to working for a horrible company and stress etc.) - I'm now 37 weeks and desparate to meet the baby. It is very very boring being sat at home and I'd rather be at work (just a shame that my work environment isn't v. nice). I'd stick with your plans if I were you and if you do get tired etc. then you should just be able to change them with no problems.

xxx

my biggest problem is my coccyx.

By friday, even with my special cushion, it is hurting like hell. I'm not so much worried about the pain, I'm more concerned about the permanent damage I could be causing to it.

If it wasn't hurting I would be tempted to stay til much closer to the birth date.

with my 2 i worked right upuntill i gave birth, the day i worked 4 days a week and the day i was meant to go in my waters broke.
I was back at work a week after there births too, that was so hard, but my ex hubby was a git and i was gulable to i did what i was told lol.

this time my new OH told me not to work, to take it easy and go back to work after teh baby is born but only when i feel ready, i think he is trying to make up for the other 2 pregnancys/birth.

I want to get a part time job but im having trouble finding one.

some days i love being home all day, others i get so bored! lol

I'm due at the end of November too (I'm 30 weeks tomorrow) and I'm working until 4 weeks before so I have 5 1/2 weeks left. I had to take all of my remaining annual leave last week as I work for a University and you can only take leave during the vacation so I'm now full time with no days off until the 28th October. To be honest I got quite bored last week although I was no where near as knackered which was good. I have to walk up a steep hill to get to work at the end of a 40 min walk anyway and this tires me out but at least I don't feel quite as useless and huge as I did last week when I barely strayed from the house! Being around other people is good too as my moods have been all over the place. I've got to get everything ready for someone to take over my job for a year too so I have a project to be getting on with which helps take my mind off stuff a bit. My main worry is really the endurance of it, especially with the long walk. I could get two buses but it would mean getting up earlier, the walk is just about doable at the moment but I am only 5ft and some days the sprog seems to be head-butting my bladder all the way to work which is very uncomfortable indeed. I think it might all depend on when the sprog engages as my Mum (same height + build) said she was very uncomfortable for about 6 weeks before. I'm just going to see how it goes though for now.

I'm supposed to be working until around 17th October. I'm due on 28th. I think I'll be fed up if I stop work too soon, but to be honest some days I wonder if I'll make it another 3 1/2 weeks.

LBxx

I am due 25th Nov and will be leaving work 11th Nov, im getting more tired now and it is quite a long day for me, leave my house at 8 and get home around 6, plus i have to get a bus which isnt fun!! but i really want as much time after the birth with my baby, so will try my hardest to stick it out til the 11th Nov :roll:

Natalie x

I am due the 21st of december and am stopping the 20th of november. I wanted to work till due date but although I am getting back into the routine, i find teaching tiring now!!! I have a new head of department and I just cannot relax at work.kids are getting also rougher any week and this is not good for my stress level lol I have also decided to take 18 weeks instead of 26 because of the pay and i need to start the 20th of March to have my holidays paid so maternity leave starts on the 20th of november and will use those 4 weeks to arrange the nursery or what we can call it as i cannot paint the walls or anything, landlord said no. :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back