Stopped moving?

vampire_dolly

Reaction score
I posted a topic a week or something ago cause bubba's started to move.. but the past couple of days it has stopped (when before that s/he was moving all the time)

Now I can't feel anything and I feel sick and stomach hurts since it stopped :?

Is that normall do they just not move all the time?

I didnt feel my baby move until I was 20 weeks and then it was more like popping bubbles rather than actual movements/kicks. I dont remember feeling it every day either and I often felt nauseaus as well, it would come on all of a sudden. it may be your babys moved and that's why you cant feel anything. If you're worried contact MW and put your mind at rest. I'm sure all will be ok

:hug: :hug:

Hi Vampire Dolly,

Where abouts are you in the midlands, I know Redditch and Wolverhampton hospitals have brilliant early assesment units that are quite happy for women to contact them directly if they are really worried! Otherwise I would speak to your midwife, she should be able to listen to your babies heartbeat at 16 weeks and check that everything is fine. Mine has a drop in clinic where you dont need an appointment so yours might have too?

Evie x

I'm nearish to birmingham, closer to sutton coldfield, I have no idea if they do that and I don't have a midwife I havent been to the doctors :(

Do you not like the doctors? I have to admit I have opted out of GP care because the appointments I had were less than helpful but you do need to get yourself a midwife, even if its just to do your urine and blood tests and book you in for the birth you would like (ie hospital, home, water etc).
Are you registered with a surgery?

Have you not had any scans or blood tests yet then?? You really should see your doctor / midwife..

I very occassionally felt the baby move that early.... even now I only feel the baby move at night when I am still with no distractions.

Yeah I'm registered, Only problem is I can't get down there, I'm 16 so obviously don't drive..well I can but not legally lol! :shock: :wink:

My belly feels really wierd :( Yesterday I nearly collapsed when out with my friends, was hurting loads argh

Edit - Yeah I had a scan at 13 weeks and 1 day, But I only got that because I went into hospital after getting punched in the stomach, so they did a scan to see how pregnant I was and to check all was okay!

It's not conventional but if the hospital have already scanned you once they should have you registered on their own records as being pregnant, and if getting to your GP is too difficult, is the hospital any easier?

Have you told any of your family about the baby, couldn't someone help sort out your antenatal care?

Yeah hospital is easier,

Nup the only people that know are my closet friends, the dad who doesnt wanna know, and My new boyfriend.

Should I worry that it's stopped moving or shall I just let it be for a while and hope everythings okay? I'm confused and scared :(

I shouldn't panick yourself about it not moving, that sounds quite normal from other girls posts on here. But I would be concerned about the fact you aren't getting the right midwife care. How old is your new boyfriend? Could he help at all?

He's 19, Yeah I will have to talk to him about it, It's only him and 2 friends that are helping me through this, like I said daddy doesnt want to know and all my other 'friends' are just being horrible!

How do I actually get a midwife then?

Must be very difficult for you hun. Im still early on so can't comment on the 'moving' situation... but hope you get the answers you're looking for.

Don't let people get you down that don't understand, or want to understand... your dad may come round eventually, as long as he knows you're happy with your decisions etc.

Good luck xxx :hug:

You usually go to your GP who will literally just book you in as being pregnant, they ask you some questions about your health and then they liase with the local midwife for you. The doctors stuff is really simple and if you are 16 they have to keep your appointment competely private. Once they have registered you the midwife will contact you, usually by post so if you live at home this could be awkward until you have told your parents. I think the best thing to do would be to get to the doctor as soon as you can but explain to them that your family don't know yet, they may be able to get the midwife to contact you on your mobile or something if they know your situation.
I have to say though and I know its far easier said than done, but you really need to tell your mom! I'm 24 and I have never been that close with my mom but I still felt totally lost being pregnant until she knew, even though I am engaged to the father of my baby!! No body can be quite as supportive as your mom, even if she does take some time to calm down first!

Mine was fine but cautious but tehn im 26 so they should just be excited :lol: cautious cause i miscarried in 05 so everythings fine now :)

Anyway as said above u should tell your parents who may not go off on one. Get them 2 alone or together. Even brother or sister can help u if u tell tehm tehy can give u directions on how to handle your parents if u think their gonna go off on one.

Also u do need to try get to your gp so telling your parents be best idea.
If they swing it to u need to get an abortion u need to talk to your new bf first and ask him if hes gonna support u and your baby to stop your parents saying abortion if they do as u 16.
but u are old enough to have sex so shouldnt be a problem but i dont know circumstances there and thats private anyway :)

Just talk to your new bf first before u tell parents as i said above :)

Hi

I wouldnt worry about baby moving so much as they go through spurts .
I would get a mw asap though and tell your mom im sure she will react better then you think :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back