Stomach pains - TMI alert

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Every time I eat these days I end up with stomach cramps, they are painful enough to be keeping me awake during the night.

I think its constipation mostly ... but one dose of lactulose is giving me the runs....then I'm straight back to constipated again.

Starting to feel very fed up as I can't get a decent nights sleep or enjoy food anymore...my two favourite things eating and sleeping!

Aw hun :( that's awful! Have you tried eating high fibre food instead of taking lactolose, maybe all bran for breakfast every day may help :) Hope it improves soon x x

Sounds like irritable bowel syndrome, have you ever had this in the past?

Sounds like irritable bowel syndrome, have you ever had this in the past?

I've never been diagnosed, but always suspected I may have it.

I've had really bad stomach problems all my life, was hospitalised 3 times as a child and twice as an adult for severe stomach cramps, but tests were always inconclusive.

Its rubbish!

Yeah its horrible not being able to enjoy your food. I know IBS can flare up during pregnancy, mine was terrible in first trimester but has practically disappeared since I got to tri 2. I guess trying to work out if there are any foods that trigger it and avoiding them could help. Also if you are having high fibre diet make sure you get plenty fluids, cause it can make constipation worse if you dont. If it continues pretty bad I would mention to your G.P cause there are anti spasmodics you can take after tri 1 that are safe for lo. Hope its better soon.

Instead of over using lactulose, try sprinkling some golden linseed on your cereal every morning. It encourages ur bowels to do the work themselves, rather than just softening what's in there - so its much better in the long run x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Instead of over using lactulose, try sprinkling some golden linseed on your cereal every morning. It encourages ur bowels to do the work themselves, rather than just softening what's in there - so its much better in the long run x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've tried that in the past too hun, gives me the runs *sob*

My poor wee tum is rubbish!

I feel for you as I have IBS and it's horrible, isn't it? I've found in pregnancy, though, I'm the opposite as I am mostly constipated. Once or twice after I haven't been for a while (tmi!) I get the runs for a day then go back to constipation. Gotta love it, NOT! lol

it sounds like ibs or food allergy that you have my sis is wheat gluten and dairy intolerant and these are the symptoms she has. maybe pregnancy has made it worse as it can do with most pre preg illnesses. one dose of lactulose shouldnt give you the runs....you would gave to drink almost an entire bottle for that. all lactulose does is soften (slightly) any stubborn stools like a lubricant to make it easier to pass. however it may be that it contains gluten or something that you may be intolerant to??? have you ever been tested for intolerances? xx

it sounds like ibs or food allergy that you have my sis is wheat gluten and dairy intolerant and these are the symptoms she has. maybe pregnancy has made it worse as it can do with most pre preg illnesses. one dose of lactulose shouldnt give you the runs....you would gave to drink almost an entire bottle for that. all lactulose does is soften (slightly) any stubborn stools like a lubricant to make it easier to pass. however it may be that it contains gluten or something that you may be intolerant to??? have you ever been tested for intolerances? xx

I've never been tested for intolerances, I asked my doctor about it years ago and he said no. Maybe something I'll get done privately after the baby arrives.

In the meantime, I've started keeping a food diary. My main craving (although very subtle) has been bread ... I can eat 6-8 slices a day - sometimes more :blush- which is not normal for me. But would account for the massive amount of weight I've put on so far! So I've cut down to two slices a day to see if it helps, and will keep a track of everything else I eat.

I've now had the runs for two days - this sucks, a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back