Stocking on diapers...

Hope81

Reaction score
Well not exactly stocking as the stores are 2 min drive and my oh can pop there any minute but i still want to have some for the first days, week (s).

Ok for now I got newborn size 1 pampers 2 packs (of 15 each I think )
Libero ( the second major brand of diapers in Norway) newborn size 1, 1 pack
Newborn libero size 2, 1 pack
Pampers baby dry size 3 I think it says but it's from 9 lbs? Anyway a maxi pack of 100+ diapers.

Does that sound right? I will get some more but how many more? Also i am a little confused about if I need newborn size 2 or baby dry size 3?
Should I get more newborn size 2 or more baby dry?
Also about how many newborn size 1 you estimate I need?
And about how many diapers per day a newborn baby needs??
God I thought diapers will be the easiest thing to buy....
I guess not...

I'm confused I've no idea lol. I'm going to high overall 3 packs of size 1 and 2 and 1 pack of size 3 . Then ill get more as and when needed. Like you shop is close. And worst case scenario I can send someone else out for them! Xx

The size 2 newborns of pampers has the same weight requirement as the baby dry there i got super confused lol...
Also the size 1 of newborns is up to 4kg??
Sorry but of bubs is a little big it will fit in those like 1 week or nor fit at all?? I have no idea what to do exactly...

Everyone's told me it depends on length and proportion of baby and that there's not much diference in first couple of sizes. I was also told baby can be way over the weight but still in size 1 for like a month???? I'm not sure lol!! Thankfully the first sizes aren't overly expensive so doesn't matter too much lol xx

I wouldnt but too many and buy some of the first two sizes I had about 6 newborn packs and a couple of next size up, but huggies and pampers just didnt suit my kids and always leaked so switched brands and was glad I hasnt bought loads. Second time around I stocked up and gave away about 100 nappies as he grew out of them so fast.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Hope I wouldn't bother buying anymore until baby is here!!

They can use up to 10 per day but harrying early days used around 8.

Until baby is here you won't know how big it is. I wasted money on nappies as Harry was only on size 1s a few days and by week 2 was in 3s!! (he is big though!!)

Of shops are close don't panic try out both brands and of you start getting low on stock send hubby out for more.

If it makes it easier send him out with the empty pack so he knows exactly what to buy!!!

I only stocked up cos they were on special offer. G was ages in size 1, my size 2s were tescos and we gave them away cos they didnt suit her shape. And got size 3 pampers. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

We got size 1 & 2 pampers James was 8lb 4.5oz and only in the size 1 for about 3 weeks and size 2 for 3 weeks lol he will soon be going in to size 4 xxx

xxx

I'd only get a few of first size and even less of second size... They grow into size 3 so quick and I think the size 2's was only in for 2 weeks! Size 3 is probably your best bet for stocking up on as you get a bigger weight variety (12lbs to 20lbs) - oh also, you will find that not all nappies suit your LO.. Personally id buy when you need them rather than stock up x

I'd on,y get a few too, try different ones as well because I've found Huggins give LO a bad rash, but pampers don't x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Froslass, I found Huggiew give Harlow a rash too but others don't! Weird x

It's strange isn't it? Johnsons baby wipes hurt her bum too, but huggies and pampers wipes are fine x must just be wee intolerance.x.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I use cloth diapers so can't really tell you what to buy, but sounds like you have enough to begin with. I would buy more once you've tried them on, so you know which one you prefer!

xx

hey hun

everyone seems to have answered the questions regarding sizes !! but as for the diff between baby dry n newborn nappies is in newborn nappies the top layer is different to baby dry and absorbs wee n poo much better to keep moist and stuff off their sensitive skins in the first few months :) i tried both the baby dry n newborn with my last LO and prefereed the new born packs until he obvs outgrew them xxx

Esperanza I didn't even know we can get those here :shock:

Lynsdey thank you very much. I will buy some more newborn then :)

Bambino mio do really nice cloth nappies. I'm waiting until missy is more settled then im gonna get some more and convert.

So far, I have 5 packs of size 1 = 135 nappies. So enough for a couple of weeks.
And 1 pack of size 2 nappies.

I'll pick up a couple more packs in size 2 and then stock up on 3's.

I am sure that I will send him out to shop like the second day we are home.... I am pretty sure I will forget to buy important things :faint:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back