Still not sleeping at night.

Monkey

Reaction score
So I was under the impression that E went through a growth spurt last week. She was grumpy and feeding every 30 mins to an hour, day and night. She then went a day of normal sleep, waking just twice to feed.

Suddenly she has started not sleeping at nights and wanting to be fed every hour or so from about 7pm till 8am. As soon as I put her down after her feeds she will wake up fully. She doesn't really cry, unless I don't feed her fast enough so I don't think it's colic.

Any help or ideas as to why the sudden change would be very much appreciated.

p.s. Sorry if post doesn't really make sense. Only had about 4 hrs of sleep over past 2 days.

Last edited:
Oh I so know how you feel! Kynon still has day and night muddled and the sleep deprivation is killing me. Sorry no advice cos nothings worked for me so far so I'll be thread stalking! Are you bf? Breastfed babies seem to be more demanding and sleep less between feeds. I did get an app for my phone to see exactly what Kynons sleeping pattern was an he averages 2 hours a time before wanting feeding again!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through a similar thing. I am bf and want to continue to do so but the need for sleep may take over and I may start expressing. I'm so jealous that OH gets a full night sleep every night.

I hope that Kynon starts settling more for you soon :). If I hear of any tips, I will post them here in case they help you too. :).

I recently started expressing and sometimes give him it before bed then a bit of boob and he has gone 4 hours then so cud be worth a try. Know wot u mean about being jealous of OH sleep, mines away just now so getting even better nights sleep! Kynons quite content long as I feed him all the time, I don't get anything done either, all my Xmas shopping been online! Guess it's not forever, we'll prob miss bf when we stop!

Jaxs the same guys. I am thing to get more into bf and less into ff if possible (i started combination feeding when I got mastitis and felt crap). Jax sleeps well in the first part of the night, usually he'll do 7pm, then 10am, then 1pm roughly but at some point between 1am and 30am, he'll stay awake for about 2 hours. I'm also finding him really hard to settle at night quite a lot of the time. During the day he feeds and sleeps really well (currently waiting for him to wake after feeding him at 8.15am!) but nights are a totally different story. I've bough some fenugreek today in the hope of producing more milk and filling him up more at night but I want to keep combination feeding as it means dh can help me get a full night sleep once a week!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I've been using fenugreek for a few days I've def got a lot more milk, I keep choking him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back