Still no af .. How long with agnus castus? PlZ advise

Stressyhead

Reaction score
Hi guys, so it's been almost 5 months since I stopped taking the pill (microgynon) after taking it religiously for 10 years. Still no af so I've decided to buy some agnus castus which I will take on 1st June (am taking a preg test just in case I'm already pregnant but is doubtful lol!)

Can anyone tell me how long I should take it for - I've heard you are only meant to take it up until ov as it may cause complications but seeing as I don't know when that is (and we will use condoms when bd'ing) is it safe to take every day until I get my af (whenever that will be)? I'm also going to take multivitamins (including folic acid, zinc, Vit B and Vit E) and evening primrose oil. I'm also not drinking or smoking (don't do either anyway) trying to eat better, lose some weight and minimise the stress levels!

Hope someone can advise xx

Last edited:
I took agnus castus when I came off the pill to ttc my 2nd and took it up to ov (was using ov tests) and ov 19 days after coming off the pill and had af 14 days after that. i then ov on cd19 next cycle with af 14 days later. third cycle I didn't take it, but took evening primrose instead, and had exactly the same cycle - resulting in a bfp.

I came off the pill again 4 weeks ago to ttcno3, but didn't take agnus castus this time took evening primrose straight away, and got af 20 days after coming off pill.

TBH I think agnus castus gave me too many side effects, I had lots of cramps, hurty boobs and bloating the whole cycle on it - but didn't experience any of that this time coming off without it.

I was taking Agnus Castus, but it caused me to have severe headaches so i've stopped taking this. It didn't make any difference to my cycles though.

But I know people where it has helped that a lot.

xx

I even tried parsley tea when I first came off the pill when ttcno2 - it tasted fowl but is meant to bring on AF if 3-4 cups consumed over a 2-3 day period.......I didn't get AF from that though :( But tried it again when I was 39+5 pregnant to bring on labour as it's supposed to do that too - and went into labout in the early hours of next morning, lol. May have been coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back