Agnus Castus

KayKav

Reaction score
Hiya,
Have any of you tried, or are trying Agnus Castus?
I have a short Luteal Phase, and heard that it can help.
I've looked it up, and it says not to take it if you are pregnant.
So when do you start taking it, and when do you stop?

Thanks.

:wave:
hey hon, i tried it two months ago and it was great, i ov day 14 and af arrived day 28 fir the first time ever. i stopped it as i became very itchy all over and put it down to that but have since found out it was the dodgy soap powder i was using :roll: i am going back on it next month tho. i started taking one a day from the day af arrived all through my cycle.
i told my doctor that i was taking it and he said he couldnt condone it as its herbal based but if it helped me then to carry on taking it. i think you are meant to stop if you become pregnant xx

Hi, I was given agnus castus by my herbalist and I fell pregnant after 6 weeks on it. I am actually still taking it now as apparently it can help raise progesterone levels in early pregnancy, I have been advised to stop around 12 weeks. Also, I would consult a herbalist/doctor before self prescribing agnus castus during pregnancy. I had reservations about taking it as I had heard not to take whilst pregnant but I have since found research that back ups these claims.

In the main I think that if you were taking agnus castus you would be ok to continue taking it until you got you BFP before stopping.

Thanks for replies.
I've started taking it today (CD3), so i'll see what happens!
Fingers crossed for a 'normal' cycle!

Hi

Have you tried B6 at all?

I had (fingers crossed it will stay that way!) a short LP of 9 days and started to take B6 at the start of my last cycle and I think it helped increase my LP to 12 days, which I was pleased about although as I thought I was 'late' I also thought I might be pg!! :roll:

I plan to take Agnus Castus next cycle (thanks Bagpuss) if the LP has decreased.

Good luck and I hope it helps :hug: [/b]

hey all :wave:
my oh makes me take b6 as its good for pmt, he says im a devil without it :twisted: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back