Sticky eye?!

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Logan has had a weepy eye for nearly a week now.

We've been cleaning it with boiled, cooled water whenever we change his bum.

Took him to the doctor because it's lasted this long, and Kade had the same when he was Logan's age so i expected to get some cream/ointment for it.. nope, all i got told was keep doing what your doing and perhaps add some salt to the water and it should clear up.. will it?

Also he doesn't poo every day, he poos every 3 days.. and to me thats not normal, i mentioned this and got told 'tell your Health Visitor' which i did, and aparantly that's normal too? whatever, we're changing to easy digest milk anyway, stupid 'health proffesionals', i get sooooo mad! x

Unless its red or pouring with green gunk they won't touch it. Try some breast milk if not just keep using the water and massage the tear duct

As for poo as long as he's not constipated or in pain I wouldn't worry xxx

Connie had a weepy eye. Went to the pharmacy and asked and they gave me bryolene (I think that was the name) eye drops. Her eye cleared up but then started running again so went to the doctor, he gave me different eye drops and said it was a mild conjuctivitis even though it wasn't sticky just constantly running as the tear duct was blocked, cleared up after 5 days and had no problems for 3 weeks now. Got it on repeat if it happens again as doc said it's very very common for under 1s. It started getting worse and went all sticky when I used eye drops as the gunk was coming out :puke: and unblocking the tear duct.

Hi,,
My Lo also suffered a similar condition...but he had red puffy eye so I took him to the Dr and she prescribed oinament and anti biotic drops for 5 days...it did clear it up but now it's weepy! there is no sign of redness of puffiness just constant tears...is it anything to worry about?? I mean could it develop into a serious condition if left weepy??
I understood from ur posts that it is common at this age..well if it is common I would prefer not to use medicines..but if it was serious I guess there is no other way...

Both of James eyes have been affected with blocked tear ducts (causing sticky eyes). He is now 11 weeks and one eye seems to have cleared up (touch wood). I took him to the GP and was told we have to keep batheing them every feed/nappychange and it could be re-occurring however there is nothing they can do until they are older (5 months). At 5 months it hasn't cleared up they can unblock the duct by inserting a very thin wire into the duct.

My HV said stocky eyes are quite common, especially is the bridge of their nose is quite wide.

im having this prob, for bout 2 weeks, middy just said keep cleaning :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back