sterilising

ozzy

Reaction score
i am getting a bit confused and need some tips on best way to sterilise bottles, plastic syringes and dummies. my baby is on medication therefore i need sterilised syringes when i give him his feed. does anyone here use a cold water steriliser ? as i thought it would be easier to then put syringes, bottles ect in the steriliser which can be left up untill 24 hours and then i can take out a bottle and syringe from the steriliser at each feed and leave the rest in there for his next feed. does anyone do this and would this be ok ? i was using a microwavable steriliser however as i make up his feeds at every feed i didnt want to have the microwave on at 3 in the morning to sterilise the bottle. any tips? thanks

cold water is the easiest for all the little bits. and if u buy the real milton stuff it doesnt need washing off with boiled water like most the supermarket brands do.

I started using a steamer but changed to a cold water one and use the milton tablets. I found it much easier for dummies and making up feeds.

It's old fashioned but I find it's the most convienient method for me and will be great when we start weaning. xxx

We use the cold water steriliser method. We have a steam steriliser but thats for the "OMG I haven't got a clean (insert item here) and the baby needs it yesterday" senario.

I used cold water with Tia too and its just the most convenient way to sterilise items. You make the solution up and everything remains sterilised for 24 no matter how many times you open the lid.

i did the cold water sterilising today . does anyone notice that the bottles smell a bit bleachy !!! im using Milton tablets.should i rinse the bottle/teats before giving to baby?is it ok to take stuff in and out as long as its not over 24 hours ? i have the Tomme Tippe steriliser. x

it does smell a bit like chlorine... but with the milton tablets you don't need to rinse the bottles off. It won't do any harm though to rinse them with boiling water if it makes you feel better. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back