Sterilising on the go??

Sunnyb

Reaction score
Forgive me for sounding stupid as I've never needed to do this before. But my steriliser says it will keep things sterile for 6 hours if unopened. My question is, if I sterilise my breastpump equipment & bottle & put it into the carrybag supplied with my Medela Swing pump will it be sterile when I come to express milk later on??
I just don't understand the sterile/not sterile if it has remained untouched until the time it's used.

Sunnyb xxx

Meh, I worried for ages about this but I give up now! One lot of instructions I read said something along the lines of 'wash, sterilise and then dry with a towel before use'. Now, not being funny, I'm not going to get a clean towel out every time I want to dry something baby-related. And if I do, who's to say that the drawer I got the towel from is clean enough? If my towel has been dried outside then what if a bug sat on it and 'gave it' germs??

So yeah, it's a minefield. Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as stuff is clean. The worst thing would be if there was leftover milk residue but after washing and sterilising that's very unlikely :)

I think once it's been sterlised it's fine really. I used to re-sterlise if the bottles had just sat in the sterliser after 48 hours. I think you'll be ok to keep them in the bag til ready for use xxx

yeah as the others said should be fine. I'd sterilise mine then take it somewhere in the bag and use it a days later, was ok for us xx

We just sterilise and seal and use when ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back