Sterilasation and dummies???

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
I am hoping to breast feed but want to encourage our baby to use a dummy should he need some comfort - my 21 year old daughter can still be seen sucking her thumb at times!!! whereas my 19 year old son used a dummy and gave it up before he was 1. Also I have bought some bottles as we hope my DH can do a couple of expressed night feeds later on.

My question is do I need to sterilise the dummies and bottles when they are new and sealed in their packaging??? I cant remember for the life of me from last time....

Thanks

Jane x

yep :wink:

sorry!

But don't sterilise them too early or they'll need sterilising again.

Clearly that's not experience talking - that's straight out of a book. :lol:

p.s. obviously they don't need washing, just sterilising - so you could just dump them in a pan of boiling water for 30 seconds, assuming they're suitable for sterilising that way. That's what I'd do, anyway.

The dummies we used said clearly on the pack to boil for 5 minutes before using the first time. So we did. And then steralised them twice a day till he was about 4 months old, then once a day.

Bottles and teats, yes again you'd steralise.

We used MIlton solution in water was all.

Thanks, I seem to have lost all common sense at the moment :) Best unpack them from his hospital bag..... :wall:

Jane x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back