Soothers / Dummies

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I went into boots yesterday and picked up a few little bits for baby, I went over to the dummies and was shocked at how many different ones there are. I had no idea what to get, they are all different shapes etc. I've got the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and hope to be able to breastfeed and occassionally express and bottle feed, does this make a difference with what type of dummy I need to get?

It totally depends what your baby likes. Kyran wouldnt take the flat top newborn dummies when he was a new born. the only one he took to was a rediculous cherry teat one that looked massive in his mouth!

Personally i dont think you need to compair it with the bottles you use. Buy some newborn dummies and see how you get on. id just buy a coulple to start with just incase you need to try a different one after. :)

We have always used Avent, purely because he had Avent bottles (though I predominantly breastfed) and everything else was Avent so we just stuck with the same brand as we knew their other stuff had worked fine for us.

i dont kno really, i wasnt gonna bother buying any dummies, the only reason we had some was because my colleagues at work bought me a big baby box full of baby stuff when i went on maternity leave, and there was a pack of 2 dummies in it, those avent 0-3m ones with a duck on one and a mouse on the other- and u kno what, millie wont take other dummies! even tho theyre the wrong size she really likes them, when the original ones worn out i replaced with the same ones! i was talking t omy friend whose son only takes another type of dummy, it seems babies get favourites then??? :think:

I wasn't planning on giving Adam a dummy, but after our first night at home, I sent my hubby to Asda to get one.

He came home with a different selection but Adam preferred the cherry teat one and still take this style to go to sleep.

You might need to try a few to see which one your lo likes best.

I would recommend you make sure you get a brand that gives you a cap to cover the teat to keep it sterile when not in use. xxx

NIE said:
I would recommend you make sure you get a brand that gives you a cap to cover the teat to keep it sterile when not in use. xxx

That's a good recommendation :clap:

we tried loads of dummies but jayde just didnt like dummies she kind of sucks her wrist for comfort bless her

I used the tommy tippie bottles and found that their dummies were the best too. It's been a while now but I seem to remember that the dummies I gave my dd were the ones with the clear teat, they were the ones that stayed in her mouth the best.
HTH

Thanks girls. I think I will just buy a couple of different types then. I didn't have a dummy when I was a baby, I used to suck my tongue :lol:

Well we had the avent 0-3 months clear ones in with the steriliser when we bought it, so we used them for Livvy from the beginning. I bought new ones for her (tommee tippee) and she can't keep them in her gob, even now!!

So our little munchkin is still on the wee ones. I actually prefer the clear ones anyway.

If she's happy, we're happy!!

which reminds me, need to buy some more!!

xx

trixipaws said:
millie wont take other dummies! even tho theyre the wrong size she really likes them, when the original ones worn out i replaced with the same ones!

MIie too. She still has the 'from day 1' size and now she is 7 months. Tried her with the bigger ones from 6 months but she just did a gagging face and spat it out. :D Drama Queen

Isaac wouldn't take a dummy until 5months old but when he did he originally would only take the orthodontic ones, where they look flat on the bottom side, now he'll have any :D So I'd suggest a few different types personally :hug:

Sage said:
It totally depends what your baby likes. Kyran wouldnt take the flat top newborn dummies when he was a new born. the only one he took to was a rediculous cherry teat one that looked massive in his mouth

Ellie was just the same, even now she wont have the flat ones

Jacob has the 0-3 month Avent ones, they come with a cap which is really good, stops them getting dirty when not in use, that's the reson I got them, (We have the Tommee Tippee bottles) he took to it straight away!

I was thinking that i'd have to change his dummies to the 3-6 months soon, never thought about him not liking them!

The only ones porscia will useis mam newborns. The avent ones made her gag

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back