sterelizing in hospital/bottle feeds??

specialbump

Reaction score
ok im told now days u have 2 take in ur own milk if formula feeding how on earth are u suposed to sterelize the bottles?? without taking a cold water sterelizer with you? what hapend to them little bottles of milk and disposable teats they used to give u for ur stay?? i have seen in supermarkets u can get the aptimil bottles and teats for hospital do i really need to buy them? they are roughly £13 for 6 bottles of 5oz milk i think my son fed every 2-3 hours when born and 2 oz a time theres going to be alot of wasted milk ??

any ideas guys ?

Most hospitals will have a steriliser you can use, ring up and check? Xx

Our hospital had disposable bottles and teats, and advised you to take ready made cartons of formula with you xx

Tired Mummy to Colby Jacques born 4/2/2013

Ask your midwife what your hospital provide, she should be able to tell you :). I was lucky and didn't have to take any milk or bottles.

I was planing on breast feeding but didn't go to plan so they provided me with formula for that night and my other half brought some cartons and bottles in the following day, they had a cold water steriliser for me to use though xx

MY HOSPital gave me the 1st 2 bottles and then i had to sterilise and make my own up there which wasnt too bad x

My hospital prrovides a steriliser but that's it.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Id ask your midwife what your hospital provides. I was told my hospital provided cow and gate but if i wanted to give baby anything else i would need to take it myself.
The lady in the bed next to me was feeding her baby sma, she took in avent bottles and used a cold water sterilser which the hospital provided

Check with the hospital whats provided. Ours provided the pre made bottles and disposable teats of the three big brands. They also had a feeding room which had all the equipment to make up feeds if you brought your own stuff.

i have checked with my mw and we have to supply our own milk unless we breast feed they say its to persued people to breast feed because its less of a faf on i think this is pants as some midwifes put too much pressure on people to Bf and i find that unfair.i didnt bf with my first and thaught of expressing and formula combined feeds in a bottle so the baby can still get the goodness but i wouldnt want to put him to the breast as i plan on going back to work soon as i feel well enough i am a child minder and i can take him back with me but my works demanding so breast wouldnt be for me in this situation.
would this work?and would it take ages to form a good suply of milk.also going back to work with massive hooters and little nippers running about i think i may have a leekage problem not been in this job with a baby before and dont know how it all works tbh .do u think my plan would work?

My hospital provides milk so thankfully wont need to worry about bottles and formula til I get home

I would phone the hospital to check because my oh went on a mission to buy cow and gate starter pack and the midwives told me to put it away because they provided it!!!!

They also provided cold water steriliser kits for mummies who were expressing, but because they provided the formula no bottle feeding mummies needed to use them.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back