teats?!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i'v successfully formula-fed millie recently, but i was surprised at how little milk she eats. i kno im giving her 3 meals a day, but when she's on my breast for 5-10 mins and im hearing lots of gulps, i estimated she was having about 200mls of milk. but with the bottle she seems to eat at just the same speed as she does on my breast, but when i check the level on the bottle only 50 or 100mls have gone!

i told my boyf's SIL about this (whose 6-month-old twins are bottle-fed) and she said maybe i need bigger teats- hers are on size 4 now. well i didnt kno there were different size teats! :shock:

i checked the box that the avent bottles i bought came in, and it says the teats are size 2 "slow". so maybe its that she cant get enough milk out thru it? :? but she seems to get plenty (i can see it dribbling down her chin) and anyway i thought breas-fed babies were used to working hard for their milk coz breasts arent as free-flowing as bottles :think:

do u think i should get bigger teats or is it just that she wont take that much milk now she has solids?

We've recently changed Danica's teats from size 1 to size 2 and she is definitely eating better! Given that millie is 6 months old I would at least try size 3: she might be confused in the beginning but as long as she isn't chocking she should be all right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back