Starting to worry

I don't really have any advice hun but just wanted to give you a hug :hug:

You are doing so well. Expressing is such hard work and you are amazing for persevering with it.

I hope you can get things sorted soon.

Only thing i can think of to suggest, is to have a nice warm bath with Aaron and lots of skin to skin.

XX

Maybe just express morning and night when he's in bed - I did this when cutting down and it is achievable. I just used up supplies and then topped up with formula.

I have to admit I don't think I could still express like I did and look after B once he turned 16/17 weeks as that's when he became so alert and needing my attention BUT I know people have done it for over a year so it can be done.

The first morning I didn't express I loved getting my son up and starting his day routine without having to get hubby to see to him whilst I expressed his feed. I enjoyed the freedom of not expressing and felt I had laid all my breast feeding demons to rest once I'd hit 3 months. Hope that makes sense!

Whatever you decide we are all 100% behind you x

I'm going to try for another couple of days and see if things change - but I can't carry on like this

I'm not expressing every 3 hours either - its physically not possible

If I dry up, it happens. I've done bloody well to get this far

Yes you have hun!!

You should be so proud of yourself!!

I had to express for 1/2 hour every 2 hours to try and get my supply up, day and night, and I was so exhausted. It left no time for anything else at all! Didn't bloody work either!! Stupid useless boobies I have!! I know what hard work expressing is and you have done so amazingly well to do it for this long,

If your body is deciding enough is enough, then the decision is being taken out of your hands. I think everyone would understand if you decide to stop.

Well done for doing it for this long hun, Aaron is a very lucky little chap!

XX

You did wonderful! Aaron is a strong boy because of you.
When my supply died and I had to stop expressing I was so sad :( but I was completely shattered :( It only lasted one day! Next day I got up and instead of fast sorting the baby and expressing I was able to play with her. She was cooing away at me and my heart melted from love.
I was so guilty that bf didn't go as planned, heck expressing didn't go as planned either...looking back though I only remember stress and tiredness those first 8 weeks so if I will ver have an little one I will thing twice much on getting into that again. Maybe next time if it will ever be one I wil actually enjoy the newborn days with no worries...

Do what you think it's best but don't give up before ou do everything that you can to increase your supply as the guild I felt was horrendous...

If nth works and you decide to give formula eventually or can try giving a formula feed or 2 per day and next from your storage. I didn't have a storage but I was giving like 50 ml boob milk to make sure she drinks it and I don't have to throw it away and the rest formula.

Good luck lovely, I hope it all works out for you :love: Aaron will be more than fine whatever happens :hug:

Well today there isn't much change

I didn't get up through the night as I was bloody exhausted, and there was no point really.

I got 7 ozs this morning - normally if I go overnight I get at least double that.

My left boob is very sore - I'm beginning to wonder if there is an infection or something.

Current plan is to try and make it to Thursday and speak to HV

I refuse to feel guilty if I have to give up, I've done everything I can

Tweety 7 oz is a very good amount. I know that you were getting more but how about you just relax and pump 3 times per day and whatever you get from that?

Awwwww, hun! Big, big hugs. Like we mentioned on KK's thread, sometimes it becomes almost impossible to express milk after about 4 months, not because your supply is drying up, but because the way the supply works changes at this stage. Our boobs don't store milk up as much any more and become more 'on-demand', so expressing a lot is very difficult without being hooked up to the machine all day. I am sure you've read all about this by somebody who knows more than I do. I was expressing a lot up to 4 months because my supply has always been poor, and when I hit 4 months, BAM, I just couldn't express any more. I struggle to get 4oz out per day now, expressing just once or twice a day. I'm so sorry that you're going through this too, but on a bigger scale, since you don't feed Aaron directly from your breast and can't just switch to that like I have. You've done SO so well and I'm utterly in awe. Try to be content that you've tried your best and that you haven't failed him in any way - this is just how exclusively expressing goes sometimes and you have no control over it. I'm sad that you feel sad about it but you've given him a great start, and if you end up FF it's just fine! Enjoy your time with him if he needs your attention instead of expressing. Don't feel guilty! Hugs xxxxx

Shhhh .. I've been expressing for about 5 mins and have 6oz already?

Maybe my boobs were just tired and needed a break :lol:

It is what is is, I will go as long as I can

I'm a bit gutted as I have literally just signed up to be a donor :wall2:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I've just had to get hubby up to help me as I'm overflowing!

Everyone please cross your fingers that everything is back to normal!

Tapatalk madness!

Shhhh .. I've been expressing for about 5 mins and have 6oz already?

Maybe my boobs were just tired and needed a break :lol:

It is what is is, I will go as long as I can

I'm a bit gutted as I have literally just signed up to be a donor :wall2:

Tapatalk madness!

:) jealous!!! Go boobs! Hope this is the start of an improvement xxx

Hugs.... Here's hoping Hun!! You have done so bloody well thus far xx

I've got a feeling tht the antibiotics were interfering. I've been off the a day and my supply seems better?

Tapatalk madness!

:cheer:

Yaaaaay for over flowing boobies!!

Fx things are back to normal and it was just the abs interfering

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members