Starting to worry

Tadpole

Reaction score
I have been stressing and worrying all day today. My scan is booked for 29th Jan and I am CONVINCED something will be wrong. Doesn't help that I have just found out about missed miscarriages. I had been conforting myself with the fact that I haven't had any cramps or bleeding and now I find out you can miscarry and not even know about it. Unfortunately when I looked it up on the internet it I also found out about chemical pregnancies & blighted ovums.

I miscarried about 3 years ago. It would have started at about 3/4 weeks and I didn't know I was pregnant, What made it worse was the fact that I bled for SIX weeks but every test I did came up negative. The doctor did a couple as well and said I must just be having an abnormal period. Eventually after 6 weeks I demanded a blood test and they called me 3 days later and were all "umm, it appears you have been miscarrying after all". As this was a Friday I had a scan but they weren't sure if I had lost the baby so I had to wait a whole weekend till the monday before they knew for sure.

i thought about going to get a doppler but have been reading on here how they don't always pick up a heartbeat - which will just make me worry all the more.

I know there is nothing I can do to stop myself worrying. (And my mum points out I will be worrying about one thing or another for the rest of my life now as no matter how old they get the worrying never stops) OH just says everything is probably fine and worrying won't make a difference one way or another - which I know but doesn't really help.

I am sorry this is such a long post but I just think I needed to get it out - kinda so I can transfer the thoughts out of my head.

I've been fien up till now so I don't know why I have suddenly started panicking about it.

aaah hun, try not to worry too much... :hug: :pray: ing for you.. hope all goes well :hug:
Petra x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back