Starting to get stressed about all the uncertainty...

hellywelly

Reaction score
So I am due tomorrow with a frank (bum down) breech baby. We decided to give a natural breech birth a go as I have delivered a head down baby vaginally in an easy labour before, and this kind of breech is the best if you want to try for a natural birth. There have been lots of opinions on whether or not doing this naturally is a good idea. Most of the midwives are quite positive about our decision, and we've found its more the doctors who are keen to push for a c sec.

I had an appt today with the senior registrar to check everything, and they were surprised I was considering a breech natural birth, even though the consultant after my failed ecv (manual turn attempt) has said I was a good candidate.

To throw a spanner in the works, baby measured large on the scan today (9lbs already) and although I am aware these scans are notoriously inaccurate, I'm worried if it's correct it is a very big baby to birth as a breech. Also, I'm worried the junior doctor's strike next week may compromise my care if things started to go wrong during a natural breech delivery - does anyone work in the mat/delivery suite and could tell me what will happen if they aren't there? I've tentatively booked a section in for 12th Feb but I'm now wondering with all these factors if I should bring it forward to the 8th Feb as they had slots free then. All this uncertainty is stressing me out!

Think this is one you need to go with your heart on hon. I can only guess what I would do in that situation and I think if it was me, id for c section rather than risking any complications.:(

For the lay four generations in my family we've have breech babies all but one (my daughter m) have been second babies and all natural breech births my mum will tell anyone that her breech birth out of both of hers was the best and easiest of them all. X

I'd rather a breech birth than a c section.

Have you had a look on facebook at the breech birth groups? Very empowering xx

The Drs strike won't affect your care. There will still be the right people to give you the best care regardless of that so try not to let that influence your decision xx

Hiya Mrs...not long now for you!!!

At my Trust it is the elective programme of care that will be most affected by the strike.. So outpatient appointments and planned procedures etc, they have contingency plans to protect patient safety and levels of care in emergency departments and other non elective areas.

I'm not best to advise you on the other given what happened in our case, but if there are several health professionals telling you it is very likely to be fine then trust in their judgement.

I hope it's not too much longer for your little bundle to get here..and you get the birth experience you are hoping for.

Xxx

Aww! Lovely to hear from you Torino - and how is the gorgeous Matilda? I imagine wearing age 5 stuff like Evie?! Thanks for the info - my midwife told me today that consultants do the c secs anyway and they aren't striking, and they've also cleared all the elective sections for Tues, Weds and Thu so think we should be okay. Just getting so bloody impatient now!!!

Matilda is great thanks.. Yes in age 5-6... Size 12 feet acts like a teenager.. I assume all pretty normal? Lol

Evie will be the best big sister I'm sure. You must all be so excited!!

Fx not too much longer for you to wait xxx

Thanks ladies! Still waiting... Had enough now - wish I'd booked section for Mon instead!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back