started fussing

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
Since yesterday, Evie has been fussing at feeds, she will take a couple of minutes of milk but then starts making noises, going red and crying at the breast. I have wondered if the milk is coming too fast, or not fast enough. The noises she is making are like choking noises, like she's not swallowing the milk.... I have tried re-latching her or just moving her around (making her body more straight, less straight.....)

Sh e also normally feeds regularly and often, and since a long feed at 3pm yesterday she did this funny feeding a couple of times up until 9pm then she wouldn't go on... she went to sleep at midnight but then didn't wake until 5, and then 7... taking less than 10 mins each time (with no fussing, she fell asleep at the breast)... and then took another 10 mins at 9 this morning...

She doesn't seem hungry in between, and she's weighing at the 75th percentile so i'm not worried about her starving... it's just making feeding a bit stressful (and of course if this carries on I am concerned she may lose weight)

Any advice would be appreciated
J
XX

Unfortunately this is a common thing! I written a similar post a couple of months ago, and a few others too!
This is not given in breastfeeding info unfortunately.
With Angel if she played up too much i'd just stop. She would just refuse, take a bit, then refuse. This went on for ages. I just stopped and tried her again a few minutes later. If she's really hungry she'll take it!
They're just misbehaving unfortunately. It's stressful but just persevere and you'll get through it.

I haven't got the answer I'm afraid but Rudy has been very similar for the past few days. He hasnt had more than one 'proper' feed per day. They mostly consist of, like you say, feeding for a few minutes and then going red pulling off crying and then wanting to go back on for a few seconds and repeating the whole process.

It's very stressfull and a bit worrying but like Evie he is on a high percentile (98th :shock: ) so he's not going to starve anytime soon.

Alex xxx

Cooper does this also i find if i burp him it seems to settle back him into feeding xx

violet did this too and was really bad around 6/7 weeks, i suspected it was round growth spurt time. It passed after a few days but I know how you feel it's really stressful. I posted on here too and was getting really upset about it. She was especailly bad on an evening and thrashed around crying...I think she was getting cross cos the flow was too slow. I used to take her off for a few mins then try again. If she was really bad I'd try the other side.
Good luck hun.
xx :D :hug:

Thanks for all your replies

I've tried burping her and the other boob. I actually came to the conclusion yesterday that she gets a bit snuffly during the day and i think she sometimes can't breathe through her nose and this might be what's happening as when she fusses she looks and sounds like she can't swallow!! Obviously not much I can do about that.. (those nasal decongestors look like medieval torture devices to me!)

J
XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back