Breastfeeding fussiness

clarey

Reaction score
Help!
I know we havent been doing this very long but I feel like Eva is going backwards with feeding, the last few days she has been messing about at nearly every feed. She gets a good latch eventually but only after spitting me out and pushing herself away, clicking her tongue and making kissing noises, and even pulls herself off after a few good sucks just to make more fuss. She gets stressed out and cross which makes the whole thing worse and both of us end up covered in milk!
I feel like I am doing everything I have been told to but this fussing is driving me mad, and making me sore.

Anyone else found the same problem? any advice would be much appreciated :?

I've had the same problem with Serena since she was a few days old... It seems to happen more with my left boob than my right... and I have no idea why. Its proper messing around too... on off on off.. and on bad days she can leave my nipples really sore...

My friend told me that its a way of them building up the milk supply but then I find this a bit dubious because its so often... :( I also think it has to do with the let down response too... If you are like me you only get the let down once they start sucking and then it comes out like a torrent.

I have no advice I am afraid, but just to let you know that you're not alone in this..

I have this problem too- I have a really fast milk supply so don't know whether that is the cause?

no advice though sorry :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, its nice to know I'm not alone anyway!
How can something supposedly natural be so flippin hard??? Good thing I'm stubborn and dont want to give in now weve got this far!! :wall:

Lola used to do this as well. I just put it down to the fast flowing foremilk as minda said :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:lol: this is why these blinkies exsist.

blinkie_breastfeeding_1m.gif

2-month-breastfeeding-pink.gif

3-month-breastfeeding-3.gif

Because each month IS a milestone!

You will get through it :hug:

You're doing brilliantly clarey - stick at it. Breastfeeding is bl**dy hard work - but you will get to a point where you will think it has all been worth it.

Valentine Xxx

i had (and still have) the same problem. i think mine stemmed from having small nips though - connor was latching on but wasn't getting the mouthful of boob that he needed, and didn't realise he had to suck... nipple shields have been my lifeline, and he'll feed with and without them now - i bring them out as soon as he starts fussing to save my nipples getting chewed to bits...

huge empathy your way; i never ever imagined bf-ing would be this hard.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

melissa used to do that when she was tired. as others hav said, BFing is hard work! but so rewarding, and you'll miss it when u stop!
good luck, as said already perseverance is the key x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back