• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

start of labour? a little confused..

annieo

Reaction score
Hi everyone just looking for a little bit of advice, I'm so confused if labour is imminent? This is my 3rd baby and my first two had to be induced so Ive never experience natural labour. Im 36 weeks. Basically I was having quite strong BH and then had my show on Monday night. Very quickly my BH became so painful and kept me awake all night just felt like very bad cramping but not regular at all. More of a constant pain. In the morning I thought Id ring my maternity assessment unit for advice and they wanted me to go in for a check over. When I was examined they said my cervix was right at the front and 1cm dialated. They then admitted me overnight to keep an eye on it. By the morning it had slowed right down and they were happy for me to go home and wait it out. Im still getting the odd cramping and alot of pressure really low down. Anyone else had anything like this? Ive been told Im having a pretty big baby :) Thanks

It sounds like the start of things.. You may have this for a few days or it may progress in the next few hours.. A waiting game unfortunately.. Don't rely on regularity too much a few of us, myself included didn't have regular contractions throughout labour.. Go on the strength more than anything
Good luck hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back