Stand back..... Sarah is RAGING!!!

SarahH

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread about Brian's card being cloned and near enough £1300 was taken from his account. Well when we reported it they said the money would be back no later that 10days, well that has passed and I just checked and still no sign of the money so I just called.

THEY WONT SPEAK TO ME!!!!! Even tho Brian gave them his permission to discuss with me as he knew he would be away - we went to the branch and told them too, but nope!! I am not Brian so they wont discuss....

Well that basically means we probably wont get the money back until Brian returns at at the moment that isnt until 6th Oct, but that can change to soon or longer knowing his work.

I told them that it is rediculous, and we will struggle to meet our bills this month - including our mortgage.... They still didnt budge. Told them that a friend had mentioned that they got their money back pretty much straight away and they were with Barclays (think it was maybe Urchin on here that said it :think: ) all I got was "different banks have different policies"

So I told them as soon as we have the money back we will be closing all our accounts with them (which works out at about 6 accounts including ISA's and joint accounts etc.... oh plus there is Arianna's account!)

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: i hate banks!!!
can ure oh not give them a ring and give permission 4 u 2 sort it!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: THIS is what i hate about the Data protection act!!!
its a flipping joke, what is it about data protection that means your situation occurs.. but yet companies can pass
on mine or any of our details to third parties so we get bombarded with sh*tty junk mail and catologue brochures???

I just dont get it its an outrage!!!

I know this wont make you feel any better but it took 5 weeks to get ours back but they told us that at the start.
Did you sign anything to say you were appointed, someone must have a note of it. Was it done by phone? They are always banging on about how these calls are recorded for training purposes so maybe they can back track.

What a bunch of fuds they are.

Don't get me started on banks :talkhand:

Lloyds TSB had better be very afraid i have just sent details on their appalling business practise to Watchdog.

Hope you get it sorted before Brian's home.

Omg thats awful! Sarah im furious for you, I cant believe your being treated like this.

I know it muct be hard but can Brian send them a email or phone them to clarify you can speak to them?

You guys need a joint account!!!

We have joint accounts, but this is his own personal one.

He has no phone access, only email - and they wont accept that as "anyone could claim to be him by email"

I thought you got it in writing they would talk to you?

Urchin said:
I thought you got it in writing they would talk to you?

If he signs something to say they can speak to Mrs Sarah XXXXX about account number xxxxxxxx then they HAVE to take to you hun but the branch you went in to should have got him to do a quick letter and sign it then send it to their HO and they should have scanned it on to the system so that anyone who accesses that account at HO or Branch can see they have permission to talk to you and can view the scanned copy for back up if needed!

Like you say though he only has email access and they wont accept it hmm branch are well in the wrong (I would put a complaint in about them - ask Area manager to ring you) but HO should have told you to do this also!

Does he get to go on shore at all so he could post a letter to you for you to take in (or forward to HO?) or you any good at his signature ( :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: )

You can fill in a form to say that he gives his consent for you to deal with his banking if you need to, I know its too late now but it would be worth it for next time :hug: ar*eholes!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back