sky

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
wen i moved out of the flat in september i rang them up and told them that as from october (contract was up) i would no longer be having sky! the lady i spoke to said thats fine we will end ur suscription as of october, and i didnt need to contact them anymore, told them my new address etc for any future post! well i got my bank statment thro yesturday and sky had taken money out so i rang them up and apperently i was told wrong they couldnt cancel it like that, so i have been payin for ti since october and i didnt realise!
and they wont give my money back which is over £100 in total so so not impressed

grr i hate contracts. how annoying and unfair :(

ask them to trace the original call saying they would cancel WEF from the end of oct. If they don't honor what they told you ask to speak to a manager. Kick off big time!!

If they still refuse to pay it back, ask for the address for their complaints department so you can write in as you have been misinformed re the direct debit payments.

Well thats what i would do.. not sure if it is the best route but its the way i would go.

and if they fob you off saying they dont have a recording, tell them that you are requesting all the information they are holding on you from them. i cant remember what its called (oh knows), whereby that they have to give you everything they hold, and that will include all phone calls that have been made and recorded

*Star* said:
and if they fob you off saying they dont have a recording, tell them that you are requesting all the information they are holding on you from them. i cant remember what its called (oh knows), whereby that they have to give you everything they hold, and that will include all phone calls that have been made and recorded

may cost £11 or £7.... I know what you mean though, does it fall under the data protection act? Its got a specific name though hasn't it?

hmm i didnt know you had to pay for it. my oh uses it a lot to get his own way with companies lol

ill ask him what it is when he gets home tonight :)

*Star* said:
hmm i didnt know you had to pay for it. my oh uses it a lot to get his own way with companies lol

ill ask him what it is when he gets home tonight :)

im just trying to think back to my DPA training, but that was a good few years ago. :think: I think they 'can' ask for money - kinda like an admin fee, but most don't as its considered bad customer service if its to do with a complaint and they get caught out ( i know the place i used to work for doesn't)...

aah right. oh works in buisness debt collection. so he has lots of snippets of law etc floating round lol

yep, no way id just take this without a proper fight!

my insurance company did this to me even though my mum bougth the house id moved out of and insured it with them!!! arse holes. they've gone mysteriously quiet now after a couple of arsey letters and threats of further action being taken.

BT pulled the same stunt and 'couldn't find' the recorded conversion. The fees were dropped.

Good luck

heles7 said:
my insurance company did this to me even though my mum bougth the house id moved out of and insured it with them!!! arse holes. they've gone mysteriously quiet now after a couple of arsey letters and threats of further action being taken.

if you have a copy of a letter from the sols showing the date that you sold the property they should refund you any extra you paid.... Well thats the way the insurance company i work for works... the buildings side anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back