stabbing pains in lower abdomen

clem

Reaction score
I am a week into 2WW and have had sharp pains once or twice a day every day. Could it be a symptom? (to be honest it feels like trapped wind! lol) or is it something I should worry about? Wouldnt an ectopic pregnancy feel like that? Or would it be too soon to feel? Any one got any idea if it is related to anything? anything at all?

Thanks in advance
Clem

Hey Clem, sorry no advise as I'm in the same boat... a cross between stitch and trapped wind and af cramps at 7 and 8 dpo. Nothing today though! (9dpo) Lordy I'm hoping this is a good sign for us!!! :)

Hiya Bead

I'm still getting them. I had an awful dream last night that i was rushed into hospital and they said my liver had failed. I woke up my husband to ask where my liver was as i was so sure it was a prophetic dream!! He said my liver was much higher and it was probably my appendix then went back to sleep! A great help, not.... now I'm worried about my appendix ;-)

I thought maybe trapped wind, but you know I've actually been farting like a trooper this week (sorry tmi) which i am now starting to wonder if it could also be a symptom, as usually I do hardly ever (or am i clutching at straws?! lol) In fact I might look that up later.

So ....... I reckon the sharp pains could still be a symptom, good to hear i'm not the only one :)

Ooh I found this:

Early Pregnancy Symptom - Gassy

Most common on 9 days past ovulation with 21.8% of pregnant women experiencing it.

The rise in hormones during pregnancy relaxes the muscles throughout your body, including your digestive tract. This leads to the digestive process being slowed down. The bacteria now have more time to work on the undigested food before it is eliminated. This extra time leads to more fermentation and, as a result, more gas. Constipation can also be a cause as it slows down the bowel functions. This too will cause you to feel more gassy and bloated.

And thank you Mrs Mc, just wanted to say how nice it is to see you back but how incredibly sorry I am for your loss. FX it will happen again really quicky for you xx

That's really kind clem x fx for you too! we gotta do it for bristol! :)

lol, go brizzle! Do you watch BB? I know it's totally sad but the bristolian girl taught the aussie the words to the worzels 'combine harvester' and has him wearing her brizzle t-shirt, so funny!

Hey Clem

I read up in one of my many baby books about eptopic pregnancy and it said you dont usually feel any pains relating to this until around 6 - 12 weeks so I wouldnt worry about it being that hun x

Really? That is v v good news. I dont know why I was so worried about it. Well actually I do, an aquaintance has just had ectopic and had her falopian tube removed and it all sounded really horrid and destressing. So, thanks loads Vicky, I do feel a bit better xx

Keeping everything crossed Hun!!!! X x x

When are you going to test clem???? Fx'ed for you

Pinky x

sounds good clem! I had awful wind pains before my bfp. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back