Sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Housey

Reaction score
Hello!!! :wave:

I'm very new to this, pregnancy and forum . . .

My husband and i have always said that when we get pg we will keep it quite until the 12 week scan . . .thats very hard when most people know we were going to try (it as inevitable!! mum and dad moved out - they were living with us for ages and we're at that age, i guess . . 32 and 34 . . . )

Anyhow . . I'm now in my 6th week of pregnancy - Yea!!!!! :lol: but . . . cos were not telling anyone . . and my husband is being causious (in case of problems until 12 th week) I can't get excited with anyone!!! :wall:

don't get me wrong - he's realy excited - but there is only so much we know about it all . . !!!

Anyone had bad stomach cramps and cold sweats????

Julie xx

Hello :wave: Welcome to the forum hun and congrats on your pregnancy! :hug: :hug:

hello and welcome, oh and CONGRATS :cheer: you will have heeps of fun here.

As for the cramping, its normal hun. Not very nice i know (makes you worry) but most of us had this, and i still get them on times if i move really quick. It's just everything getting ready.

Oh congratulations - we were trying not to tell anybody until 12wk scan either but in the end my OH told his boss at 8wks cos he needed time off to come to an early scan with me, then we told our parents at 10wks cos we were with them for xmas (and I couldn't hide sickness and weird eating habits). I told my close friends the other day and now I'm waiting until my scan next week (13wks) at which point I'll announce it to the world.

I've been very overexcited about the pregnancy (and baby) for weeks but my OH hasn't. Don't get me wrong he's thrilled we're going to have a baby but apparently he's too occupied with working out how we're going to afford it etc at the moment. I'm usually the practical one so roles seem to have been reversed!

Feel free to get all over excited on here though...the rest of us do!

I SOOO agree - it's killing me keeping this hush!!! I've never been good with secrets and I just want to scream and tell the world. I've told my family and closest friends as the no drinking / smoking was rather a give away over Xmas & NY and I've told my closest work buddy as she doubles up as my regular after work drinking buddy!! She's totally reliable to keep it under her hat and it's been a relief to have someone on the work front that knows.

Next weekend I'm going to have to open up to a few more people as there's 14 of us who have hired a beautiful house in north wales to celebrate a 40th birthday. The overall agenda is boozing followed by more boozing so again I'll not really be able to come up with any plausible excuse as to why I'm not drinking nor smoking!! Oh well :roll: I'll be the sober one manning the camera :wink:

I also have a 3 wk business trip coming up which historically involves lots of parties - I've pushed to get a scan date before I go so fingers crossed I'll be able to tell all within 2 to 3 wks from now & before I go. Lips firmly sealed as my waistline expands in the meantime!! It's SOOOO tough!!!

Congrats btw :D

Thanks for your welcomes and of course the opportunity to get excited!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hiya hun, im new here too :) Congrats on your pregnancy :cheer: I too am having cramps that make me worry, but I made a post about it and I now feel reassured xxx

Thanks Kate - I saw your thread . . . and it helped me feel at ease too . . . :)

sounds like we're all in it together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back