squashed feeling?

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
right, im 15wks pregnant and have quite a bump. Ive gone from being 7st to now 8st (over the last 3months) - its MUCH bigger of an evening than a morning. I think this is something to do with the digestive system when your pregnant. But of a night its getting really uncomfortable - my bump looks like it starts coming out straight after my breasts - when i eat i feel like my food is trying to sqeeze out of my ribs and my rib cage is being sqashed!. seriously! and im deffinatly slightly shorter of breath - and it stays like this till morning.
Surley i should NOT be like this at this stage?!?!? is anyone else feeling this way at my stage? My mum and i have the same figure (we're both size 6-8 normally) and she says she was no way like me at this stage of pregnancy of any of her children, which makes me slightly worried. :?

I dont mean to alarm you but if you getting a squashed feeling around you chest and ribs and you are short of breath you need to get it checked out asap just to be on the safe side, other than that i can only think that the baby is in an awkward position and got something jabbing you in the stomach.

i don't know about the shortness of breath thing i agree get it checked out but have read that the size of the bump varies dependant upon where the baby is lying in the earlier stages it has room to move aboout and hide out back if its feeling shy

Tc

:( worried n9o one else is getting this, will make an oppointment monday

Hey babes, won't be any harm in getting it checked. Certainly try not to overworry yourself if you can.

Why not try NHS Direct they will be able to give you some advice over the phone or arrange for a doctor to call you back, at least that way you can put your mind at ease a bit....the number is 0845 46 47 (Its a short number).

Let us know how you get on babes :hug:

How short of breath? I felt really fat and felt out of breath plus put loads of weight on at this stage, but then did not put weight on for a five/six wk period, and have just started gaining again. I am fine now with breating but I know tat everybody is different and these things can cause problems so if you are wried get it checked out.

went the docs yesterday, and everything is fine - she said it was normal, everyones pregnancy is different. So thats cool.
Ive made an oppointment with my midwife next week (i havent met her yet) at my local practice, just gonna have a check up and see what she thinks also. :) - all good tho

glad doc thinks everything is ok

i got my bump at 13 1/2 weeks

glad everything is ok, i imagine its because you had a small frame before hand the baby has less space to move around so you are feeling the effects earlier than someone like me who has plenty of room for the bubba to move being a 14-16 before!!

I have been experiencing similar symptoms, and I have found that peptax peppermint for indigestion helps me I have been suffering from it quite badly lately. I have only once been short of breath and it felt like someone was standing on my rib cage the pain was terrible.

:hug:

It might be cause you are so petit to start off with hun,glad you have had your mind put at ease though :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back