Ouch

LouisecH

Reaction score
This is a whinge.

Everything hurts today. My tummy is uncomfortable like (I don't know if everyone gets this) if you sleep all night on your tummy and the next morning everything feels squashed :? Does that make sense? It's not like cramping or period pain just achiness.
And...I have awful mid back ache. It feels like I want to bend over backwards to straighten it out.
Being in a office chair (although I do now have one of those back support things you attach to it) is not helping and I'm on the verge of screaming. :evil:

Is anyone else experiencing this at this early stage???

I get exactky the same feeling with ym tummy - I think with all the recnt swelling at stretching and now your uterus is pushing out above your pubic bone it makes things a little more of a squash inside. You now have an extra space in your body the size of a small melon which wasn't there before! It's bound to feel awkward hun.

I've got back ache too but mine's due to SPD they think. My body feels like it needs clicking big time to release pressure but I can't do it.

Does that make sense?!

Thanks Sami I was getting a bit worried.
I have slight SPD too but this pain is in my mid back. I feel like I want to hang myself off the banisters (by my arms not my necK!) to stretch out. If I could turn myself inside out I think it would help - though it would shock the hell out of the girl sitting opposite me. :mrgreen:

hey girls...

I don't have SPD, but I do have an ankylosing joint in my spine due to a repetitive strain when a teen...my lumbar region has mild arthritis and is mildly fused, according to the chiropractor. One thing he said that I should never do again is sleep on my stomach, because it aggravates that kind of problem.
As well as that, I read in practically all the pregnancy books I have ( and we all know you have lots esp if its your first!) that you should NEVER sleep on your tummy because it puts pressure on the baby. I've done it inadvertantly a couple of times, but haven't been comfy enough to stay longer than a few minutes.

Just a thought

Sue

Hi everyone

I feel a bit bad about complaining as I don't actually have a medical condition (apart from being PG) but I have awful lower abdominal cramps. Sometimes I have to go to bed with them. I also have really bad trapped wind which maes the pain worse. I know it's just stretching but it's awful when you have pain and can't take anything for it. :(

Hi

I find that sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs then tucked underneath my bump feels comfortable. Am going to buy one of those v shaped pillows for sleeping and nursing the baby.

I also had bad stretching pains a few weeks ago but they seem to have eased for the time being.

I would stop sleeping on your front if I were you, feeling squashed the next day can't be good for your tummy.

Lou :)

lou said:
Hi

I find that sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs then tucked underneath my bump feels comfortable. Am going to buy one of those v shaped pillows for sleeping and nursing the baby.

I also had bad stretching pains a few weeks ago but they seem to have eased for the time being.

I would stop sleeping on your front if I were you, feeling squashed the next day can't be good for your tummy.

Lou :)

forgot to say that the pillow also stops my bf's stray arms and legs from bumping me and baby in the night :)

A couple of weeks ago I did have a really bad couple of days where everything hurt. And my office chair just seemed to aggravate it all.

I had bad stretching in my tummy and low back ache that I wasn't expecting. The only exciting outcome to this was that a few days after I noticed a really dramatic bump! So obviously most of this pain was caused by sudden growth, which made up for the misery!

But I do remember feeling very depressed. A nice warm bubble bath does solve the problems caused by sitting at my desk all day.

I had an ante-natal class last night and the lady did talk quite a bit about how all the ligaments and joints of the body all soften and how a lot of women are surprised how early on they are suffering from aches and pains.

She did say to be very careful to avoid bending over to pick things up, and to crouch with the thighs instead, even to pick up something light such as a bit of fluff off the carpet. I am surprised at how bad I am at bending over all the time, so I am really looking at my posture more.

If it is any consolation, the pains I had a few weeks ago are all gone now, and I am only getting slight twinges again.

Pregnancy is a hell of a lot more physically and mentally demanding than I realised! :shock: :shock:

Thanks guys! Nice to know I'm not alone.
I haven't been sleeping on my tummy since I got pregnant but before I sometimes used to and it made me feel like I felt yesterday.
I ended up in the doctors last night. The tummy ache was growing pains but the back ache was caused by a kidney infection :cry: I actually cired in the doctor's surgery (which got me an appointment in 2 seconds flat). It was my own fault really because I thought I had a slight bladder infection over the weekend but decided to try and sort it out myself with cranberry juice and water. Not something I would advise following last night's adventure. Apparently it's really dangerous to leave infections because you can get kidney infections much faster in pregnancy. :roll:

Hi

Kidney infections are very painful. poor you. hope you feel better soon :)

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back