Period after Miscarriage

LucyBee

Reaction score
I miscarried six and a half weeks ago but still no sign of my period.
Is this normal?
My husband and I BD when (I THINK) I was ovulating so of course, I'm hoping that i'm pg again. In reality, I think my period is just delayed because of the m/c but I thought it didn't normally take longer than six weeks.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lucy x

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I know what it feels like as i too miscarried myself in Feb. I know even without a period you can get pregnant after a m/c. My period came 5 weeks after but we differ and it can take up to 8 weeks to appear...You are at the moment at your most fertile because we are not aware when we actually releases an egg. Hope all goes well for you. If your period hasnt come at the end of 8 weeks you must go and see your doctor. Good luck...all my love to you
Jacquidube.

Hi lucy.
From all the reading that I have done it may take up to 8 weeks for you to get your first period after a misscarriage. When you hit the 8 week mark I say test with fmu and if negitive go into the dr and they will give you something to jump start af.
Good luck.
Amanda

Lucy.
Fmu stands for first morning urine. Sorry that I didn't clarify that for you. Silly old me!
Good luck.
Amanda

I havent got my periods back either yet hun :)
Its only been three weeks since we miscarried !
Give it a few more weeks babe :)
x

It's six and a half weeks for me now Missy. :(

Thanks for the fmu advice - can't believe I couldn't work that one out! :oops:

I'll give it another week and a half and then go from there.

Thanks everyone again for the advice.

Lucyx

Has it really !!
Ohhh !!
Yeah give it a bit more n see how it goes :eek:)
xxx

OMG Missy!
I was just sending myself an e-mail to work to remind me to make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow because I THOUGHT it would be eight weeks next Friday since my m/c and I still haven't got my AF.
But I just checked my diary and it's only four weeks tomorrow!
That just shows how much my head's been spinning.
I can't believe it was only four weeks ago. No WONDER I'm still crying all the time!
So, we did m/c at the same sort of time.
I can't believe I'd got that so wrong.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know!
Lucy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27