*SPOILERS*- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -*SPOILERS*

OK for those who still don't understan the elder wand bussiness...

At the end of the last book, Dumbledore was killed by Snape (which was why Voldemort thought he had to kill Snape to take possesion of the wand) BUT before Snape killed him, Malfoy took Dumbledores wand away from him, and so he was to wands new master (its turned out that you DIDN'T have to kill the wands old master to own it, just take it by force). So when Harry took Malfoys wand at Malfoy Manor, he disarmed him by force, and even though itwasn't the elder wand that he took off him, it was enough for the wand to pass to him.

Better??

I loved the book, got through it in about 8 hours, would have been faster, but it was my mums birthday so had to play bowling, and be slightly sociable!! Harry did die sort of, in that he was killed by Voldemort (he had to be for the part of Voldemort that was in him to die-he was a Horcrux) but he was able to 'cheat' death in the same was Voldemort had, because voldemort had taken a part of Harry into himself when he used him to return to a full body (my gosh! I am so confused and inpressed that I can remember all this stuff!-does it make me very sad??!) I was sad about Hedwig, poor owl didn't do anything to anyone!! Dobby was a surprise too, but useful in that it allowed Griphook to see what a great guy Harry was. I wasn't so sad about Fred, or Tonks and Lupin, they new what they were doing, and took the risks anyway, felt sorry for baby Ted though, poor chap. How great that Neville became a teacher! The epilogue was good, ruled out further books quite well, which I think is a good thing, wouldn't be so beliveable for another bad guy to turn up. JK has aid she won't do a prequel, she doesn't like them, and I tend to agree in this case, weknow who Voldemort dissapeared in the first place, so I don't think it would be as good. She has said she might put all the material she hasn't published together into some sort of HP encyclopedia though, and sell it for charity like she did for the 2 Comic Releif books, so there is that to possible look forward to, and the films of course!!

i thought dobby dying was horrible i just cried and cried...

there was no need to kill off moody, tonks lupina nd fred but hey if theres a war you cant expect everybody to survive!

i loved the book , loved it so so much!

theres gonna be a great big harry shaped hole in my life now

i wasnt really upset at the deaths of fred, tonks or lupin either becus they were fightin a war but the key moments that did make me cry were dobby dying, when harry was walkin into the woods to face death with everyone he loved and who loved him beside him and also i was really upset by the chapter that explained snape and his real loyalty to DD and his love of harry's mum. i thought the book was great and i paced myself so to make sure i read it properly becus you never get it all if you excitedly read it.

i think you both described the elder wand thing great! :D

i have to disagree tho, i think that how voldemort died and was described was done perfectly. it is a children's story at the end of the day and his death showed that the strongest and most powerful dont always win. it was quick and simple becus harry is only 17yrs old and does not know a great deal of magic, so the only way he cud defeat voldemort was if it was quick and simple.

i was on the edge of my seat when he was pretending to be dead and hagrid was carrying him, nobody in my house dared speak to me becus they cud tell it was not the right moment lol :rotfl: :rotfl:

xxxxxx

Thanks girls for the elder wand explanation - that's what I thought but I think it was a bit confusing/clumsy.

Can't wait for OH to finish reading it so I can read AGAIN!

Valentine xxx

I just finished last night
she should write a story of "Ablus severus Potter"
haha that lord voldemort made a sprog or something it would be another 7 books :lol:

Oh I forgot about this thread, I finished it about a fortnight ago, I LOVED it :D

Best book ever! The one thing that made me cry was Snape - I never guessed that Dumbledore asked him to kill him. He had a rotten childhood, bullied by James and his gang, unrequited love of Lily, Protected Harry and really cared for him all along and then was killed off. Made me soooo sad. Bit of a bloodbath though! Was killing off a Weasley twin really necessary?!

I think its been left wide open for more books. What does Harry even do now?? Is he an auror?! And you have his kids, Rons kids, Malfoys kid, Neville is a teacher etc - she could easily do a 'next generation' story!

Alicebabe said:
she could easily do a 'next generation' story!

Don't think she will though - unless the millions dry up! :lol:

I've read she's started writing a detective story set in Edinburgh. Wonder if it'll be any cop?

Will you read it girls?

No - for some reason I can never get into Scottish murder/crime books - they always seem to spend too long describing buildings :? I don't know why but it seems to be a trend when writing about Scotland :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back