Spina Bifida-please sign the petition to help prevent SB x

Good Luck for tomorrow hope its good news. :hug:

good luck tomorrow!! :hug:

I hope you get a good consultant and get plenty of chances to make sure you'ce asked all your questions. I think writing them down is a really good idea.

hi Klee...

Just read your PM.... want to wish you all the best for tomorrow chick... xxxxxxx hugs xxxxxxx

Good luck today hunni :hug: really hope it goes ok for you and babs :pray: :pray: , lets us know how you get on :hug: :hug:

xx

Hello,

I have a mild form of Spina Bifida. My Mum didn't have scans when she was pregnant so nothing showed up and when I was born they couldn't tell anything was different about me. I have always been a real fidget as the base of my spine is weak and sometimes uncomfortable, the cold can get in really easily too. It wasn't until I was 12 and a friend noticed by right calf is a little bit thinner then my left one that I had xrays and they discovered the fault in my spine. I too did Gymnastics until I was 12 and can still touch my feet to the back of my head. The muscles in my back have grown really strongly over the weak point so where I used to feel a dent as a child I can now only feel muscle. Because of my discovery at 12 I have always been really mindfull of my back and how I pick things up, and now have a natural brilliant posture and probably less backache then the average person due to the care I have always taken. I honestly wouldn't have known anything was wrong if I hadn't had that xray. You are just used to what you have so assume it is no different than anyone else. Please don't dispair, this may not effect your babies life.

I wish you all of the best and hope that someone can give you some more advice on your personal situation soon that puts your mind at rest.

Becs :hug: :hug:

Klee, I sat at the council offices this morning listening to some twerp rattle on about something totally insignificant and all I could think about was how you had got on at the specalists. Really hope it went well, I'm praying for you!

Also wanted to add my best wishes, am hoping it all went well at your scan and have been thinking of you :hug:

hi, hope things went well today. hope you are ok :hug:

Well it didn't go that well today.
They did a more in depth 4d scan and the consultant said its really severe - on a scale from A to Z, he said its near z.

Also, another thing was picked up....the stomach is growing beside the lungs and heart. This means the lungs may get squashed and stop working. I can't remember what its called but if the baby only had this condition alone, it would only have 50% of a chance of surviving, so with the spina bifida its even less of a chance now.

They think it may be a chromeosone disorder so they did the needle test to take a sample of the fluid, my head is messed up, I can't think of what the test is called at the moment.
So Iv to wait for that to come back on Thursday now....more waiting!!!!
That test will also pick up the sex of the baby...so I will find out then what it is then.
I have another appointment next Tuesday to see how things are progressing.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. :hug:

xoxoxo

Im really sorry to hear it didnt go well today. Waiting for news is horrible and my heart goes out to you :hug:. I really hope you get some good news soon.

Thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

really sorry to hear it dint go to well hun
hopefully on thursday they may have some better news for you
wish you all the luck
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member