Spiderwatch

Urchin

Reaction score
Erghhhhh

You know it's getting colder when the HUGE great spiders start appearing everywhere.
I had a big dead one floating in the bath yesterday (after I took Brody out I left the water in) Now another enormous on has just walked down the wall in the lounge.

:talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand:

Anyone else getting invaded?

yes *shudders*

im sure there is a spider in every room. I got rid of a huge one earlier. I cant bring myself to kill them and they are only tiddlers anyway. My cat charlie is pretty good at contorting them tho :D

One ran across the kitchen floor the other day while I was vacuuming so I sucked it up :twisted:

And there was a dead one in the dogs water bowl this morning.

im not a massive fan of spiders but they are clean and they kill flies (which i hate) so i dont kill them i put them in a glass and throw them out. our cats kill them if they spot them tho. then they eat them! :puke:

now you mention it we have had lots more spiders around our garden and a few more indoors, but our spiders numbers have gone down as we now have a spider alarm installed, its fab! :D

:shock:
same here
we have this sucker thing that sucks them up so you dont have to kill them, and the other night there was a blody massive one in my mums room and it wouldnt fit and it isnt small the sucky thing.
they are huge
and then there was one in my bed.

and last night
mum found three baby frogs hoping in our hall way :shock: :shock:

the wildlife..

tracey 2 said:
now you mention it we have had lots more spiders around our garden and a few more indoors, but our spiders numbers have gone down as we now have a spider alarm installed, its fab! :D

Oooo more info needed!
Im terrified of 'them' and would do anything to never see another one in my whole entire lift *shudders* erghhhhh!

just went to see what it was called, its called a pest x it.

its a little while box that attaches to the wall (we have ours at bottom of wall) and it sends out signals like high pitched noises (it can work a fair distance away as well) and has an electromanetic field around it so you cant hear it but it will deafen the tiniest of creatures so its meant to stop them coming back but we still do have a couple here and there but much better.

Il find out so more info for tommorrow about where you get them, but dont know much more than that though :D

tracey 2 said:
just went to see what it was called, its called a pest x it.

its a little while box that attaches to the wall (we have ours at bottom of wall) and it sends out signals like high pitched noises (it can work a fair distance away as well) and has an electromanetic field around it so you cant hear it but it will deafen the tiniest of creatures so its meant to stop them coming back but we still do have a couple here and there but much better.

Il find out so more info for tommorrow about where you get them, but dont know much more than that though :D

Brill thanks hun, everytime theres one of 'them' in the house I end up having a panic attack and cant sleep :( Really silly cos I know they cant harm me but OMG they scare me!

Think its down the the fact that I have night terrors & they usually entail 'them' in, so when I wake up having a night terror I must link the feeling of terror to 'them' and that makes me even more scared. lol hope that makes sense!

hi this is the first time i have been on off topic :wave:
My dh is watching crap on tv and im fed up
I cant stand spiders we seem to get really big ones every time i pick something off the floor, usually dh's underpants :oops: a massive spider crawls away, i cant selltle in a room if i know a spider is in, tracy do you think b&q or somewere like it would have one of those alarm things?

we had a HUGE spider walk across the living room on Sunday night- OH refused to kill it so caught it in a glass then walked up the street with it before letting it go- it better not come back :shock:

I always find you see loads in March and September- they must start going in and out the house then :(

my mum gets big spiders, my dog picks them up and takes them to her basket. Shes a big softie and tries to mother them but they tickle her mouth and she drops them. :lol:
eeew!

Oh im with some of the gang i hate spiders so much there was one nite i was babysitting my brothers children and he had 3 or 4 in the hall and i rang my dad (1min up the street) to come get them out and if he didnt then id leave the children alone and run home myself :oops: but saying that he did come and get them for me and got rid of them then when he was doing that i came across another 2 in the kitchen :wall: oh i really cant stand them 'shiver shiver'

Personally, I love spiders. I never move my spiders, or take them outside.
As weird as it sounds, they kind of become my friends. I like watching them travel the walls. :)

Hehe, we are the same, we never kill spiders (or any other bug for that matter). In fact we have a couple ones we call our "housemates" (they have their regular spot in the house). Whenever there is a very big one though, we put it in a glass and take them out of the house. On the plus side, spiders kill all other insects so I've noticed that we only have a few spiders but nothing else! :dance:

I used to love spiders.. until i moved to the states when i was 11.... we had black widows and wolf spiders (size of tarantulas).. everywhere.... i have hated them ever since.... i always have something handy to squash them.. the other morning when i was getting in the shower.. there was a huge one in the bath... my DH was asleep so i could not wake him to get it.... so i got my wooden floor cleaning thing and squashed it... it was that big it would not wash down the plug hole... eeeek... I watched "how clean is your house" a couple of months ago and kim and aggi said to rub citronella round door frames/windows and that should keep the little beggers out.. apparenlty they hate the stuff.... worth a try i think....

We have the huge hairy buggers too and loads of little ones that keep appearing. I hoover them up but dearnt go near the big ones. What worries me is where they go to when you see they have gone in the morning :? Hope I havent had any crawled in my mouth as a midnight snack :puke: :puke:

Gruntie2 said:
I watched "how clean is your house" a couple of months ago and kim and aggi said to rub citronella round door frames/windows and that should keep the little beggers out.. apparenlty they hate the stuff.... worth a try i think....

its because their 'taste buds' are in their feet :puke:

OMG this just came running towards me! Im in the house on my own (well, jakes here but he isnt much good at catching spiders yet!) so I had to put the glass on all by myself LOL arent I brave :D
***warning- BIG spider picture***
spidey.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back