Spent all of maternity grant

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
:shock:

Yes i know i went shopping yesterday for the rest of the babys things, and spent over a hun dred in mothercare on thongs like blankets,a feeding pillow, more bedding, bottles and got this goegoeus sleepiong bag for the baby too have a look at iot and it make you go aww

http://s7ondemand6.scene7.com/s7ondeman ... sku=lb3434

was expensive at £20 quid but am hearing more and more good things about them and will be perfect for when winter comes as its all velour material and snuugle soft material inside.

Went into this fab little shop as well called ethelaustin, and was very impressed by what i found and what I was looking for, so got lots of romper suits out of there, pink scrtach mitts, socks, cute hats that werent tiny! and sleepsuits and some gorgeous blankets that felt like chenille as well so got a few of them (in pink :oops: ) couldnt help myself.And some beautiful dresses and all very resonably priced!
This kid os guna be so decked out in pink, then stephen wore blue permanantly!

I also went to marks and sparks and got a nice nursing bra, bloody expensive though! but very comfy and fits well - yes i tried it on alrready!

Got some lovely navy blue pjs for possible hospital stay, as i remeber having pink ones last time and they werent a good colour to have with bleeding afterwards, sorry tmi :oops:

And treated myself and got a brand new duvert set for our bed so our bed looks all comfy and luxourious now and I slept a treat in it last night :cheer:

Sounds like a great shopping trip :cheer: I cant open the link, might be work computer so going to have a look on Mothercare website coz I love sleeping bags :wink:

The one i bought is stunnig, its all pink and is ooo soft!

Aw there's some lovely sleeping bags on there, think I know which one you bought, so cute :hug:

Nice one i waiting to here on my grant if i get it or not i hope so as we have not got anything and i mean anything ready yet!! Well only thing i have which i brought last week was a pack of newborn nappies!!

That sleeping bag is lovely :D i have never used one with all of mine but think i will this time round but will wait till baby is born so i get the right colour!

Bet you enjoyed that shop i love shopping and can't wait to go out if i get mine :cheer:

Ive not bought a sleeping bag for a newborn- i didnt think he/she would need one with it being summer... do you think i need one?? :shock:

tangerinedream said:
Ive not bought a sleeping bag for a newborn- i didnt think he/she would need one with it being summer... do you think i need one?? :shock:

No not till winter time hun, sheets and a blanket will be fine for now :D

I spent most of mine the same day I got it. I spent 200 in mothercare as soon as I got the money.

I bought ghe sleeping bag for when its gets chilly as she wont be able to kick her covers off and get cold.But while the weather is like this at the moment she needs it! its not warm at all, but I have regular blankets and tiny fleece blanlets for the moses basket. And even bought one of them special swaddling blankets! weird shape but meant to calm irate babies right down! Will keeo you informed on that one.

I spent the maternity money but i spent a good £400 a few months ago on stuff to for the nursery and clothes.

And I aint even bought a pack pf nappies yet :shock: Am going to do that this weekend and get all the toiletries too from tescos and get some baby tights as well.

I've never heard of a maternity grant! What is it and who is entitled to have it?

K.xx

Omg i have spent £900 :shock: christ I spent a fortune on this baby, poor stephen didnt get all that.Then i was skint when i had him.

I didnt get a cot or stuff though new as a neightbour had a mamas and papas one for sale for 40 quid.
Im just trying to work out what i have spent it all on.

Blankets - loads of them £50
swaddling blanket 15.00
moses basket sheets 6.99
Big bumper jungle fever bedding from babies r us 50.00
Sheets 21.00
Travel system 159.00
Insect net 4.00
Bottles 30.00
Changing mat 6.99
Nappy holder 14.99
Nappy bin 30.00
Clothes (easliy £200 quid including ones off ebay) 200.00
Breast pump 6.99 ebay bargain
Sterilizer (that was free)
Cot 40.00
White bedding bale 20.00
Baby book 9.99
Drawers for her room 50.00
Feeding pillow 20.00
Baby sleeping bag 20.00
Baby bouncer 40.00
Monitors 70.00
GRAND TOTAL £867.96
with the remender I bought my own things for hospital ie pjs, breast pads, paper knickers. Scasry how much babies cost!

i wanna get one but dunno what size to get tho. might stick to maternity bra and if i need to feed baby then we can go to the bedroom :)

if i was to get a nursing bra id go with the maternity size :)

that sleeping bag looks nice but gotta get diffferent sizes tho, id get those aswell but dont think their worth it

I didnt realise it exhistewd jenna, and I think its a fabulous shop! and so cheap for the quality!
Got DH some great t shirts and bits for bubs.

Jenna :hug: by the way

:hug: Thanks.

I bought 2 baby poloshirts for £1 and there so soft and thick :) so cute. My sisters spent about £100 in there, they have some right bargains!

Congrats on your big shop Mrs_Tommo. Just reading that list tired me out! :D I tend to buy online more these days because I don't have the energy to go walking about the shops much now.

I bought a buggy from the M&P sale online and that's one of the few things I've bought brand new. The other stuff (crib, cot bed, pram etc) I've bought off Ebay and got some bargains. Don't think if I added it all up it would come to more than £300 so far. :think: But I'm sure I'll be spending more when the baby actually arrives. :cheer:

:hug:

enn said:
i wanna get one but dunno what size to get tho. might stick to maternity bra and if i need to feed baby then we can go to the bedroom :)

if i was to get a nursing bra id go with the maternity size :)

My mom asked in a shop how they measure the sizes and how you're supposed to know which size bra to get.
The measuring lady in Mothercare told her.. take the size before you have your baby. Make it one size lower in back size and one size higher in cup size.

So I'm a 36b at the moment and was told to buy a 34c.

So there ya go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back