Spending Money for holidays

hananhmiller

Reaction score
Hi

I am going away in two weeks to a self catering apartment for 1 week. Me and OH, a two year old and a 4 month old. Olivia has everything she needs as I have packed jars and milk but not sure how much spending money to take with us?

Any ideas would be great?

Hannah X

We go to Spain self catering twice a year (when not pregnant!!) and although I have no idea how much we actually take we spend about (this is just me and DH) about 10 Euros on a breakfast daily they are about 4 Euros I suppose plus a pot of tea (so that's 70 for the week roughly) given we have a later breakfast than we would in the UK we have a snack early afternoon (small burger or tapas etc) and spend about the same again as breakfast, pehaps a little less. Then dinners about 50/60 Euros but we go to nice restaurants, wine etc. Then it's just pennies for a few postcards and trinkets etc.

I think you'd be fine with around £500 (roughly 900 Euros) as I can't see wine drinking dinners lasting hours on end with a toddler and baby. If your planning on buying new digital cameras etc obviously you'd need to budget more but I think you'd find £500 for the week more than enough and if you were to say use a local supermarket for milk/bread/cheese etc for lunches while the girls have a nap you'd save even more.

Were going again in February but will have a baby with us for the first time ever so buy buy long leisurely dinners. We always seem to have change left over from what we take which we spend in the airport on perfumes and similar.

Have a lovely time :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back