speach worries

natalie_staffs

Reaction score
My son had his 2 year check up not so long ago and the health visitor was a little concered with his speach development. My friends little boy is same age and is very advanced in his speach, he can copy everything you say.

Does anyone know if this is quite common?

He does talk but doesnt really put a sentence together and struggles with pronouncing words correctly although he will try.

A bit of history on Taylor - he has never had a dummy, he never sucked his thumb, i had trouble weaning him as he would not eat solid food until he was 8 months old and ive had to try various drinking cups with him as he is very fussy.

Im thinking maybe because of all this - his mouth muscles just arent as strong??????

I wouldn't worry too much, my friends daughter is a week younger than mine, and her speech is so much more advanced than my DD's, my daughter does say words, but I don't think anyone else other than me or my partner would really understand what she is saying as clearly as we do apart from the odd word.

As I have other friends with children of a similar age to my daughter whos speech is at a similar stage it doesn't worry me too much.

I remember a couple of girls in my village born a day apart, one's speech was fantastic and very advanced at 2 years, the other hardly spoke a word. I saw them again when they were about 2 1/2 and the second little girls speech had developed massively.

Try not to worry, kids tend to develop at their own rate and not neccessarily at the rate health professionals set. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back