milk allergy??

klam

Reaction score
iv known from day 1 that my wee one want taking to his milk well (cow n gate)
but this past week im sure he has a milk allergy! he is still mucusy, struggles to poo n wen he does its watery and he screams doing it. he also gets irritated trying to feed and screams n skrikes n takes it bit by bit over an hour or so. his nose is snotty n he sneezes all the time and now tonight the top of his forehead has went very dry and patchy! oh hes also had milk rashes all over n milk spots. plus hes soo full of wind constantly!
i read up on it n he has all the symtoms but my health visitor plus doc wont listen! im thinking of calling on call doc tomorro cos i just cant stand to see him like this at every feed has anyone experienced this?? im kinda sick of being called a paranoid mum cos i know hes not rite!

Did you get second opinion hun?

I don't now anything about milk allergy's hopefully someone else might now I've bumped this.

x

My LO was exactly like this, the HV thought he had a milk intollerance so his milk was changes to nutramigen 1 prescription milk. He improved but not massivley. Turns out he has terrible acid reflux (heartburn) the milk did help but he is now also having gavascon in his feeds and he also gets renitadine (0.4ml) 4 x a day. He is loads better now, still uncomfortable alot, but still, he is much happier. It took an ambulance ride and a 2 day stay in hospital to eventually get him sorted tho :(

Get a second opinion. Mummy knows best at the end of the day, don't be fobbed off xx

I know I'm a bit behind on this, but I had a milk allergy [Lactose Intolerance] when I was little, and had to be given Soy Milk.
Maybe discuss this with your HV?

Here's some info for ya.....

Nutrients in 8 ounces (250ml) of plain regular soymilk vs whole [full fat] cow milk:

SOY : COW
Calories (g) : 140 : 149:
Protein (g) : 10 : 7.7 :
Fat (g) : 4 : 8 :
Carbs (g) : 14 : 11.7:
Lactose (g) : 0.0 : 11 :
Calcium (mg): 80 : 276 :

Hope my little makeshift graph isn't too hard to understand xD

Last edited:
Definitely go back and ask for more in depth investigation - Mums know best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back