SPD

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
I've been reading alot about this, and sure its what i have..

does anyone else have it?

Problems in my hips and bk have been gettin worse and worse, to the point i cant bend down, or sit down properly sometimes..

and then all of a sudden my hip/thigh will click, and it'll hurt for few mins, then i can move again.. it seems to be gettin worse if i walk around or stand up, or if i've been sat for a while, so i cant really win.. :'(

any ideas.. xx

thanks Ani..

i thought it was normal at first so didnt mention it to the midwife, but since about 15weeks its been gettin worse and worse.. this is really silly but i lye on my bk, open my legs puttin my feet togather, putting my outer leg flat on bed, and it clicks (into place again it feels) and on the left side stops hurtin as much, but more on right lol... oh the joys hey...

i'm not seing my midwife till 18th so i'm going to make mental notes and tell her eveything then, i'm extreamly lucky my uncles a physio but he lives a plane ride away from me.. but hes very good so with me explaining my symtoms hopefully he can help over phone...

hope yours improves.. :hug: :hug: xx

I had SPD from about 25 weeks when I was pregnant with my DD. My MW referred me to a physiotherapist who gave me a belly support band which took the pressure off my pelvis a bit.
I think that this definitely helped as the SPD didn't get any worse (although it didn't get any better until after DD's birth).

I was in a wheelchair for the last few weeks fo pregnancy with my last baby i had it so bad but it didnt affect my labour or birth.

I had SPD from about 7 months in my last pregnancy & in this pregnancy it started before 12 weeks. Im seeing a physio & have to rest as much as poss, keeping my legs together as much as poss!! If it gets worse or you cant wait to see your midwife, see your GP & ask to be referred to a physio asap. Good luck!!

I got diagnosed with this today Charlotte! Though I have had the pains since week 15 (I think it was week 15 ? lol)
Started in my hip, but mine didnt click into place but felt like it was out of place! Then I got referred to the physio, she gave me exercises but then I got the pain on the other side at the front! She told me today it was SPD but as we got it early, the bones are all in place still and if Im careful and dont do much of anything :)() then it shouldnt get any worse!She wanted to give me a strap which must be what Cupcake just said but didnt have any in the clinic!
I would go to the docs asap and get referred asap! You dont want it to get worse Charlotte! :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi, i got this in the later stages of pregnancy with jaden, and have been suffering really badly with it since 10weeks this time around.
its a bloody pain and i find it really hard to carry jaden around too cos of it.
i am waiting for a refferal :)
hope you get sorted soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back