bachache

Layla

Reaction score
HI girls

I decided to clean the house yesterday from top to bottom, my hips have been playing up lately so i have not done much.
yesterday they werent hurting so i made the most of it, but i think ive over done it or something.

after i finshed cleaning my right hip/lower back started to really hurt, i couldnt bend down or walk far so i went to bed for a couple of hours thinking it would be fine.

when i woke up it was even worse so i soaked for an hour in a hot bath. that seemed to ease it a bit.

then all last night and this morning i have been in agony, hardly slept, every move i made killed and then it started hurting even if i wasnt moving, its horrible :(

I know a few of you have sufferd with back/hip ache, so was hoping for some tips on how to ease it a little.

thanks

xxx

the last few times I have done the cleaning I have had an awful backache and pains down the back of my legs, I know how horrible it is :( . I find that lying flat for a while helps and, if you can get it, a massage is always good.
I think for me it is time to get someone else to do the cleaning :D

welcome to my world, Layla!!!!!!!!!

Not that I am happy to share it with you, really, because it is far from being nice!

The only thing that I can tell you is that indeed, lying in bed usually never helps me, it makes things worse. I have been given a "belly bra" and that seems to help a little bit, but I hate what it does to my bump!

Otherwise, hot and cold is usually good, 15 minutes of each, in turn, starting with hot.

Hot bath is also ok, but the effect does not last long, with me!

finally, my husband is a sweety, and offers to massage and I can't tell you how good this is!!!!! :D
Before the pregnancy, I used to use Tiger balm, but some doctors have said it's fine during pregnancy, some others have said the opposite, so I don't use it, therefore, for the maasage, we use olive oil, which has a soften effect anyway, and helps preevent stretch marks down there :oops:

hope something works for you. HAve a relaxing weekend, don't overdo it!

mel xx

I have so far avoided back ache by taking advice at my first ante-natal class about not bending over. I think it has really helped.

I always crouch down with my knees, even if just to pick up a sock off the floor.

You have to be so careful when cleaning as it is really easy to damage yourself when all your ligaments are so soft and not protecting your joints.

If in doubt, delegate!!!

I have had enough now,

nothing i do eases it, i even went swimming yesterday thinking the water would suport my back a bit, worse thing i could have done, it was great in the water, no pain, but last night my back killed all night.

Im going to phone my widwife today to make an apointment, i need to get this sorted if i can

Thinking of you! :(
so sorry nothing is working!
and even more so that I know what it's like!!!

If she gives you a good receipe, please, can you share it!!!?

Lots of love,
Mel xx

went to make an apointment but she cant see me till next week, so i will have to suffer untill then, if she does give me anything useful i will defo share tho

xxx

Layla

Have you tried any of the support belts or belly bras?

They apparently do work for quite a lot of people.

I am currently looking for a belly bra on ebay for when my bump starts to get really heavy, but I keep being outbid so far!

Will keep trying

Hiya Layla

Hows your back today? I have had trouble with my back for a while> It hurts just above my bottom and I get shooting pains down my bottom! Its bloody painful. Dr did show me some stretching excersises but I have found stretching has made things worse - I am probably doing the excersises wrong as I have forgotten most of what the dr had said! I have an appointment with the midwife this afternoon and my backache will be one of the questions I'll be asking her. Will let you know what she says

x x x x

hi guys

sarah - whats a belly bra? not heard of that before

I rderd a suport pillow a few days ago, it came yesterday afternoon, i slept with it last night and i got the best night sleep ive had in ages!!

this thing is amazing, it completely suports yours bump, back and legs, and today i woke up, NO BACKACHE!! :D :D :D

so hopefuly it was coz i wasnt in the right posions while in bed sleeping, so im hoping with the suport of this pillow my back will ease for good now

I am so pleased for you!!!!!!!!

Thats great that you found a solution!

If you go to one of the big baby sites like baby world or motherbliss you should get some info on belly bras. Or type belly bra into the search engine on ebay. Ignore all the belly dancing stuff! I don't think we are in a fit state for that sort of thing! :roll: :lol:

I am so glad we are going to be heavily pregnant in the winter! I won't mind wearing that sort of vest thing in the winter under a comfy jumper.

ahhh i see!

they look quite comfy as it goes!

defo keep us warm once the colder weather kicks in, i will prob invest in one of those :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back