Is this SPD?

maybebaby

Reaction score
I've got a really bad pain in my pelvis that's going down my inner thighs. It's like an ache but is worse & I get shooting pains when I get up and move around, especially if I've been sitting in one place for a while. I've had lower back ache for most of the pregnancy so far but I've put that down to carrying Austin around too much!

Could this be SPD or could it just be an ache becaused I've overdone it today (I've walked a fair bit - not excessive but been on my feet most of the day).

If it is SPD is that it - I'll hurt for the rest of the pregnancy? Or does it come and go?

Really hoping I'll wake up tomorrow & feel better because I'm in agony at the moment!

Hey hun usually they say if you have leg pain its sciatica but tbh that doesnt sound like sciatica so it maybe PGP :(
Thats how mine started! Pelvic girdle pain is where your pelvis hurts (lol obviously thats why its call pelvis girdle pain :doh: Im not the best at describing things am i haha)
SPD is often a symptom of PGP but thats when your pelvic bone at the front hurts! Personally that aches and hurts but the hip pain is the worst! :( Does it feel like you hip is snapped?! Thats the only way I could describe it! :(
Heres a link
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... irdlepain/

It actually says on there that you can get pains down your thighs so when you see the MW or Doc dont let them tell you its just sciatica!

Aww hun, I dont know, but Leas covered it well.
Just sending you some :hug:

Thanks ladies, the pain is at the front but I couldn't think how to describe it! It's much better this morning, still achey but not so bad so I'm hoping I just overdid it yesterday and I'll try to rest up a bit today! Hopefully it won't get any worse :pray:

hun if it is spd you will find that walking too much will really irritate it make sure you mention it to your midwife and get a refferal for physio if it continues im afraid it doesnt get better till after the baby is born and usually gets a lot worse the further on in pregnancy you get hope its just aches and you get better soon :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

maybebaby said:
Thanks ladies, the pain is at the front but I couldn't think how to describe it! It's much better this morning, still achey but not so bad so I'm hoping I just overdid it yesterday and I'll try to rest up a bit today! Hopefully it won't get any worse :pray:

:doh: I should have guessed that or you would have said hip?! hahahaha

I had SPD in my last pregnancy, it quite painful and really hurts when you walk, my pelvis actually used to make a snapping sound :roll: I also used to get stuck on one side when i was asleep and it would take a few mins to be able to turn over in bed! I was actually referred to a physio for it but it didn't really help, in the end i begged to be induced 2 weeks early cause i was that fed up with it. I am praying i don't get it this time round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back