SPD sick note

Cixes

Reaction score
I just wanted to let anyone who has SPD know that your dr can give you a sick note for it if you are feeling you can't cope at work or if you are on benefits and want to claim sickness.

I wasn't sure about this so gave it a go anyway and applied for the new sick benefit i got a 4 week sick note from dr today and she said just come back when you need another.

Its nice to know that i can get some extra help.

This is true of any illness you may have and it's a good idea to remind people they don't have to force themselves and make themselves unwell to work.

If you are signed off at any point from week 36 onwards then your work can force you to start maternity leave instead of taking sick leave.

Also, be aware of how much paid sick leave you get. Statutory Sick Pay is about £75 a week.

If you have any time off im the 13 weeks up to your maternity leave from work it will seriously affect the amount of money you get from them as they avaerage out your earnings and pay according to that, be aware you have to earn a certain amount (more than £90 ish) a week to be entitled to the full amount of SMP or MA. SSP s not enough so that means you will only ever get 90% of the £70 odd you have taken home as SSP, it all sounds so confusing i know but it is well worth working out whats worth it etc.

Wow SPD that bad at 20 weeks i feel for you, mine didnt really kick in until closer to 30 best of luck xx

mommymoo said:
Wow SPD that bad at 20 weeks i feel for you, mine didnt really kick in until closer to 30 best of luck xx

This is the 2nd time i have had it...came much earlier this time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back