Very very sick tired and stressed am i entitled to sick note

mumsy

Reaction score
Hello,
Im new to this forum thing but i feel this is probably the best place for me to get some good advice. I currently have two children aged 1 and 2 and am now expecting another one. :clap: The only problem is that i still work 2 jobs and run two jobs and am finding it hard to keep up. I was never this sick with the other 2. This time round i feel soooo crap i just want to sleep and get sick, i have no concentration. I am just always on the go and I know that I can harm myself or the baby if I carry on working and stressin. I have not been to work for a week and wanted to know if I need a sick note? And does the doctor have to give me one? what if he says no?[/b]

Explain that to a GP and I'm sure you'll get offered a sick note before you even have to ask!! I think up to a week off sick you can self-certify your sickness, after that it has to be a GP certification. I'm sure, ultra sure, 100% positive sure that you'll get a sick line from the GP. Book an appointment - it will be worth it. You need the rest/break by the sounds of it. xxxx

You can self-certify yourself for the 1st 7 days of sickness (this would include weekends even if you dont normally work them, eg if normally work Mon-Fri and you went sick on a tues and returned to work on a tues then you certificate would have to be Tues-Mon inclusive) if your employers do not have self certificates you can get them from GP Surgerys or local benefit offices.
If you are sick for more than 7 days then you would have to provide a medical certificate from your GP/Hosp etc. I found a link for Statutory Sick Pay which states about the medical certificate. Hope this helps and that you feel better soon. Make an appoitment with your doctor.
:hug: :hug:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefit ... ck_pay.asp

Evidence that you are sick

Your employer will ask you for evidence that you are sick. This will usually be in the form of a sick note from your doctor.

But your employer cannot ask you to provide a sick note, for the first 7 days that you are sick. They may ask you to fill in a self-certificate of their own or form SC2 which you can get from your GP's surgery, your nearest HM Revenue & Customs office or HM Revenue & Customs website.

Thanks for the advice I have made an appointment to go to the doc. I will take it from there. Thanx again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back