SPD is really bad

charlene09

Reaction score
My SPD has gotten really bad the past few days, I have my first physio appointment tomorrow and was wondering what will happen when I go, will they give me support bands to help me or will I have to wait till ive been a few times before they do anything?

:( didnt wanna read and run, not sure what they'll do but i have suspected SPD too, my friend didnt get her support band for ages, (sorry).

Would like to hear othwer peoples opinions on this too.

I've been diagnosed with SPD as well and have been given some Tubigrip to wear as a band along with some exercises. So far mine isn't too bad and certainly hasn't gotten any worse since my physio visit. I have also been advised to get a bump support once it gets bigger, to avoid stairs as much as possible, keep legs together as much as possible, sleep with pillow between legs etc. My physio told me that if I got any worse then she'd want me to have crutches. Hope this helps a bit and that you get a decent physio! x

I had my band straight away and they do help but not all that comfy to wear !! Xxx

i am 30 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with spd and sciatica the sciatica started early on followed by spd about 8 weeks ago.. the pain is horrific i am due 5th october and im carrying big but finding it really hard n frustrating trying to deal with the pain in my pelvis hips legs thighs and back :-( ive started physio and in my 1st session i got a support band and crutches as finding it hard to walk second session the physio massaged my outer leg and inner thigh as my muscles are inflamed and keep going into spasm resulting in my muscles twisting and me not being able to move my legs at all ;-( third visit this week and i had acupuncture so far the pain is still the same not sleeping and in pain every day can anybody help with any suggestions on what i can do i have 10 weeks left and fearing i cant take much more :-(

Hun, there is a SPD support thread in Pregnancy Chat with some really good advice..... You might find some answers in there. If not, then you'll find a lot of support from ladies going through the same thing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back