Back from Physio and it is SPD

MissSara

Reaction score
Just like a thought the physiotherapist has finally confirmed that the pain i am suffering with is due to SPD.
She has given me a pelvic support belt to wear when walking to ease the pain and i am booked in to attend a class every thursday with 5 other pregnant women where she will be giving advice on positions for sleeping, dealing with the stairs and how to cope with the pain now and during labour.

I am finally glad to have answers and hopefully after a few classes i might get a nights sleep without screaming out in pain....... oh the joys of being pregnant.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sorry it's SPD but hopefully the band and the classes will help ease it for you xxxx

Sorry to hear it's SPD. At least you know now and hopefully the class and belt might help ease/deal with it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

This is my second pregnancy with SPD, so I can empathise with you.

At least you are getting support. The support here is rubbish. Good luck with fighting the demon! :hug:

another one joisn the SPD club, i hope the classes can help, i haven;t been informed of best positions during labour so any tips apprecuited.

sandi

Sorry to hear that but its good that something is being done about it. :hug: What are the symptoms of spd? Im in pain with my lower back and get shooting pain and awful pressure in my pubic bone quite alot. Also pains in my right bumcheek...perhaps its not that and im just odd :shock:

sorry to hear its SPD but you right at least you have answers and i really hope the classes and the band do the trick and you can get some relife and a good nights rest :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sandi4Paul said:
another one joisn the SPD club, i hope the classes can help, i haven;t been informed of best positions during labour so any tips apprecuited.

sandi

I gave birth standing up. The physio last week said this is a good one for it, as lying on your back, legs akimbo will aggravate it.

She said before pushing, get the MW to measure how far appart your legs can comfortably go. Mine was measured as the same as a bottle of lilt last time lol....So, I certainly couldnt lie down.

On all fours is a good one too. Both also have gravity on its side. I found standing up was great. Was a back to back labour, but did not take long to push him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back