Sorry yet another pram query..... silvercross 3D vs freeway

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hey Mum's :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I was wondering if any of you could help me with a query I've narrowed my pram search down to 2. The Silvercross 3d and the freeway.

I have a list of pros and cons for both and wondered if any of you who have either of these prams can give me your opinion and also alleviated any of the cons i have listed....... Any advice or help would be much appreciated :hug:

Silvercross 3d

Pro's:

• Cheaper of the two
    prefer the separate handles which it has
    love the rounded look of pram
    love the easy transfer between pram and pushchair
    Pushchair has a protection bar that can be opened for easy access or fully removed
    Pictures of venture Car seat attached are available and look great

Con's

• Pushchair mode only faces forward and i worry i want the baby to face me if its only 4 months and two big for pram
    is the heavier of the two

Silvercross freeway

Pro's

• pushchair mode can face me as well as away from me which is my main love
    love the easy transfer between pram and pushchair
    is the lighter of the two
    Love the look of the pushchair

Con's

• doesn't have separate handles
    don't know if its easy to transfer between the different modes (no video on kiddicare as i could qwatch the 3d video to see how it works)
    descriptions of the product arn't clear if it has the same pushchair protection bar as the 3d and if it does, does it open and close and can it be fully removed
    Unlike the 3d Pictures of venture Car seat attached to it are NOT available and so i don't know what it looks like or how it works

I know there is not much in it but i really want to make the right choice so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

LMP x

I would add that on the silvercross 3D, when u have it in the lie down mode the handles get in the way when lifting baby out... other than that its an excellent pram. The carseat that goes with it is very heavy though.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Happy Chick

The more insight i can get about the reality of each one the better!! Rather than just what it looks like which is what i usually go for :oops:

LMP x

I have the 3D system...I noticed that you said that 2 separate handles is better - actually I would have preferred a single bar as it's easier to push with one hand.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_14559

Pros
Reclines well
Nice & Sturdy
comfortable pram
Goes easily into pram/pushchair/car seat attaching onto chassis

Cons
*The car seat is heavy & I don't think that Finn is going last to 9 months in it (but that might apply to any car seat!)
*Mine was very stiff to put up when it was in the pram format
*Now I'm using it as a pushchair, the way the hood fixes on is RUBBISH - it just clips on and mine keeps coming off.
*Small basket

I have a few other niggles with it but on the whole I'm pretty pleased with it.

Here he is in it, days old.

Wow thanks for that they are great pointers.

So the separate handles can sometimes be difficult to push if you only have one hand :think: :think:

See the things you don't know till you comet o have a baby in the pushchair!!

Thanks again for the info!!

LMP x

Yes - if I push mine with one hand, it goes wonky whereas you can keep it straighter with one hand if it's the bar type (a thought for when you've got a toddler who is walking and you're also trying to push the pushchair)

Oh wow just seen the photo you uploaded :D :D :D :D

What i cutie!!!! I bet you cannot take your eyes off him!!

Oh wow he makes the pram look good !! You should approach silvercross for advertising perks!!:D

And the pram looks good in pistachio too in that photo i really like that colour now!

LMP x

I don't have any direct experience of these prams but just wanted to say that you really do need to look at them both in the flesh and not just on internet. You'd be suprised when you start playing with them that they don't always seem as good as the pictures.

Also, regarding the single / double handle, if you have a single handle you can buy pram clips so you can still hang bags off of them.

Another thing is check that the boot of your car is big enough to fit either pram, there's huge differences in size across the pram range.

Personally for me I wanted the maxi cosi car seat cos of the isofix so that immediately narrowed my search down to just a couple of prams.

Good luck with it!

sunnyday said:
Another thing is check that the boot of your car is big enough to fit either pram, there's huge differences in size across the pram range.

That's very true. We've got a Citroen Picasso and it only just fits width ways across the boot

We have the Freeway in Cargo and I love it! :D

It's really easy to put up and down, easy to steer even with one hand :wink: There seems to be plenty of room in the pram mode as it doesn't have a carrycot. The footmuff that comes with it is very cosy and Jacob seems really happy in it :D

The only thing i've found that lets it down is the gap to get into the shopping basket underneath is a bit small so getting a bag in there is a tight squeeze! It is also bigger than it looks.... it only just fits in out car boot and we have a big BMW :shock:

which bmw do you have, we want the silvercross linear sleepover and im not sure if it will fit in the boot

Silvercross 3D is fab, highly recommend it. We have the pistachio colour too, it's the best looking in my opinion out of that range.

BeckyJ said:
which bmw do you have, we want the silvercross linear sleepover and im not sure if it will fit in the boot

It's an Alpina B10, the boot is huge but it's a tight squeeze getting the pram in :shock:

dear me i think i'll have to have a trial run

i think the 3d is smaller folded but we want a pram with a carrycot :x

I dont have either of these but my current buggy has just the one fitted bar type handle and I find it easy to push one handed if i have to hold my sons hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back