Sorry TMI - Sharp pain "down there"

jody1981

Reaction score
As I said apologies in advance but I wanted to share my experience.....

Over the weekend I was suffering from the worst pain in my lady bits - It was like a constant scratching sensation with a needle.
I checked with a mirror and roped my OH in to have a look but he said there was nothing there and no sign or a scratch or soreness.

I phoned the hospital after a while cos it was getting worse and more frequent and she said it could be a number of things such as baby pressing on a nerve and to go on all fours to relieve pressure!

Anyway this seemed to do the trick, so there was me on all fours in the kitchen - not wanting to just sit there like a dog I used my time wisely and cleaned out the bottom kitchen cupboards!!

My OH thought this was most amusing, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this??

I am getting sharp pains and thuds but i think that's because i am nearly due and baby is resting down there lol x

38 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

A big gold star for your multi-tasking and I hope OH helped you up and poured you a drink after, at the very least ,lol xx

Last edited:
Yes I must admit once I was down there I was thinking how the heck am I gonna get back up hence I started the clearing and he came in about half hour later (took him that long to notice my absence! - Fifa on PS3) but he helped me up :eek:)

Hii, I think I had something like this a few weeks ago but the pain shot upwards instead! It happened in the middle of the night and woke me up and in my sleepy state I was convinced I was being paralysed haha.
OH rang NHS Direct and the woman there told me it was probably baby on a nerve too and I had to lie on my back with it arched a bit with my legs up, drinking a can of coke to try and get baby to move!
Definitely not the most comfortable position, OH also found it hysterical, took some pictures and went back to sleep!
Good news is though, Ive not had it since :) xxx

I've had some weird sharp pains donw there too - can be really unpleasant, but it passes after a while... Ah, the fun of being pregnant.... xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back