Sorry if i sound stupid but...

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by kmac, Nov 28, 2007.

1. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

I am a bit confused about when I could be ovulating. :?
    My AF was 2 weeks later than I was expecting (although I am a bit irregular) and finally arrived this morning. If it had started 2 weeks ago, I would be ovulating now-ish.
    So can I be ovulating and having AF at the same time? Reason I ask (sorry if tmi) is there does seem to be some EWCM mixed in with AF.
    I've never noticed that before, but I didn't used to pay much attention! :oops:
    Anyone got any ideas? Should I be BDing along with AF?? :(
    Thanks

2. libs

libs Well-Known Member

It's unlikely you would be ovulating whilst you have AF. It happens with a small percentage of women with very short cycles, but generally if Af is late, your next ov will still be the normal time after AF, although I would be testing for ov if I were you - with irregular cycles, it will vary each month.

You can have ewcm even when not ovulating - lots of women on here mention 2 lots a month :?

3. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

Thanks libs. That's more or less what I thought but I wasn't sure.
    I have bought some ovulation sticks so will start using them soon I think.
    Pleased that I don't have to BD with AF! :)

4. libs

libs Well-Known Member

hmmm - not the time you feel your sexiest :wink:

5. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

Definitely not! And frankly just too messy!
    Isn't it great how you you can just ask anything on here. I don't really have anyone I can talk to about this stuff as I don't want everyone to know we are ttc.

Thanks! :)

6. Charmed

Charmed Well-Known Member

Hiya....I'm very knew to this trying to conceive lark as well lol but can I suggest you have a look at fertility friend.

It's my first cycle doing it but it's a good tool to see how your cycle works and also theres a course that explains alot of things as well. Take care x

7. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've already been on there and has all the lessons emailed to me! I haven't read them yet though, I'm trying not to get obsessed!
    Have got some ovulation sticks so will just use them this cycle and see what I see!
    :)